Trias Tyre / Tire Pressure Poll!!!

Unisykolist

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69468
Question: What tyre pressure do u put in your trials (20x2.50) tyre?
(PSI)

- 20 PSI or less
- 20-25 PSI
- 26-29 PSI
- 30-32 PSI
- 33-35 PSI
- 36-40 PSI
- 40+ PSI

I thought aving a poll of everyones tyre pressure would solve some
questions about tire pressure. how much air do YOU put in YOUR trials
tyre? (20x 2.50)

sorry, imean TRIALS not "trias"

--
Unisykolist

Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
learning to juggle 5!
BLUE CAP

This is pointless. The rider weight has alot to do with how a certain
PSI will preform.

Someone that weighs 90 pounds that used 20 PSI is not gonna get the
same results as someone that weighs 200.

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)

190 pounds. 40psi.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-

I have no idea. I just pump it up untill it "feels" right. I do have it
higher then most people though. I protect my rim.

I guess about 30 PSI or so sounds about right. I weigh 149 pounds.

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

Unisykolist wrote:
> I thought aving a poll of everyones tyre pressure would solve some
> questions about tire pressure.

Only if it's the question you posed above. For a *useful* tire pressure
you have to factor in your own weight, the tire volume (basically how
fat it is), your terrain and your riding style (how hard you like to
land). Somebody else's number won't do you any good.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"

Evan Byrne liked to ride his slick-tired trials uni at rock hard psi.
little or no compression factor. He said he could do better rolling
hops that way. I may be remembering this wrong, so if you're reading
this Evan, enlighten us lol!:cool:

--
MuniAddict

I <3 FG and have Stewie Boxers :rolleyes:
'My videos:' (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699)

I usuaully use around 22 psi. I weigh about 125 (all muscle babbbbey). I
use the system of 1psi to every 10 pounds of body weight plus 10 after
multiplication. It works well for what i do. I usually just put it up
to 30 when my tires low, then experiment with pressures, and find
something that gives ample hopping ability, with also enough for drops.

Edit: but, im planning to expirement with hopping, gapping, and tire
pressures. I'm trying to break some barriers with myself, and learn
something that works really well.

--
unibikeling

'Sixsixone.com - Great gear for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Ducttape wrote:
> Grrr! I think I may poo myself in Anger...

rite but instead of putting this thread in the dump, lets just say how
much you weigh and how much air you have in ur tyre.

--

MuniAddict wrote:
> Evan Byrne liked to ride his slick-tired trials uni at rock hard psi.
> little or no compression factor. He said he could do better rolling
> hops that way. I may be remembering this wrong, so if you're reading
> this Evan, enlighten us lol!:cool:

Evan doesn't frequent the forums anymore but you are right. Before he
screwed up his shoulder he was riding a bmx uni with like 110psi.

Hes getting the operation to get his shoulder fixed and will be back on
the uni scene in a few months. Hoorah!

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://www.projectuni.com/?page_id=9)-* - Follow the 'progress.'
(http://www.projectuni.com)

Brian O. wrote:
> Evan doesn't frequent the forums anymore but you are right. Before he
> screwed up his shoulder he was riding a bmx uni with like 110psi.
>
> Hes getting the operation to get his shoulder fixed and will be back on
> the uni scene in a few months. Hoorah!

Countdown thread? ;)

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-

It all depends on teh kind of riding you do also...

--
UniDudeDX

'My Youtube Profile!' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=unidudedx)

Jerrick wrote:
> 190 pounds. 40psi.

Oops, meant to say 30psi. Typo lol.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-

I have a question,
I weigh 105 pounds, and I do all trials.

I was wondering, I have a small (very small) fracture in my toe, and
both my big toes are completely numb, so I couldn't really tell. But
before the accident I was running at the perfect psi, but, before I
could measure it, the tube was punctured. So, today, I hopped a bit on
my crazy awesome new tube and I think, (keep in mind my toes and that I
couldn't really ride) that 19psi is what it might've been.

Does 19 psi for a 105 pound person sound good?

--
hungry4uni

If only all bikes were cut in two
'1st
VIDEO'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eerMP7UiFMw)
'2nd
VIDEO'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zDpfTqpMo)'3rd
VIDEO'
(http://www.unicycle.tv/video/540-Trials2)
*'My Sponsor'
(www.sixsixone.com/)*

I think I ride like any where from 11-14 PSI, and im like 81 LBS. That
is on my trials uni too, on my street, it's a bit more, but very
similar.

--
isaac steiner

isaac steiner wrote:
> I think I ride like any where from 11-14 PSI, and im like 81 LBS. That
> is on my trials uni too, on my street, it's a bit more, but very
> similar.

im 13 and i dont use "LBS" or "Pounds" or whateva (i think there the
same thing) but i use kilograms and im 45 so i dont know what that is
in pounds. my psi on my trials is 25 and i seems really hard... do u
reckon i should deflate it to 20psi or less? \
hey i used a converter and it sais 45kg is 99 pounds... sound about
rite?

--
Unisykolist

Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
learning to juggle 5!
BLUE CAP

something abit harder than this

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/..._GALLERYSID=7781eb405943af10dad44db215413733]

Mind you that was 35psi on a monty eagle claw.... couldnt roll out
cause there were people very close to my landing spot. I'm 63kg

--
brendan

Just face it Brendan.. you're a basher!

--