triathletes - failures at single sports?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Topdog, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Topdog

    Topdog Guest

    If that's the mindset, I guess you'd have to call the participants in the decathlon failures too,
    since they also chose to compete in a multi-sport event.

    IMHO, being able to win in a multi-sport event is much harder than doing so in a single event, and
    much more indicative of one's abilities and overall fitness.

    Tags:

  2. Witheld

    Witheld Guest

    This is a tired old scab folks use to pick at multisport athletes. Truth is, all sports require
    many skills.

    If there is a common thread in all sport, that _MIGHT_ be the ability to run well. Even that is
    a stretch.

    So, by extension, any sport requiring anything more than running would be an attempt "dumb-down" for
    the underachievers - - as the original poster was suggesting.

    You have to reduce it to absurdity in order to see it. Think of triathlon as ONE sport, not three.

    rsquared