triathlon and vegeterian

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Nikolami, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. Nikolami

    Nikolami Guest

    Hi,
    i'm new in triathlon and 8 years vegeterian. I looking around for daily food
    menu. Does anyone have any experience in similar case. Please help...
    Thanks
    Nix

    Tags:

  2. Billy Boone

    Billy Boone Guest

    Try checking out Chris Carmichael's Food for Fitness - there is some insight
    into this.

    "Nikolami" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    > i'm new in triathlon and 8 years vegeterian. I looking around for daily

    food
    > menu. Does anyone have any experience in similar case. Please help...
    > Thanks
    > Nix

  3. I have read the Carmichael's book - it does provide some good insight;
    however, is not really geared toward a vegitarian triathlete. I too am
    a vegitarian and have been competing for the last 3 years. I just
    purchased Power Foods by Liz Applegate. This is really a good resource
    for your needs. Good Luck!

  4. Coach Steve

    Coach Steve Guest

    I'm a Lacto/Ovo/Peshian (eat dairy, eggs, and fish) vegetarian for the
    last 14 years, and successful athlete. Most vegetarians I know have
    better diets than meat-eaters already! You *should* be aware of protein
    intake though. A minimum of 1 gram of protein per day per kilo of body
    weight (lbs/2.2) is recommended, while some advise 1.5 grams per kilo
    during high stress periods. This is not tough to get unless you don't
    eat dairy, eggs and fish. Look for quality foods with un-processed
    whole grains, and of course soy in all forms is good stuff. In-season
    after a tough workout I make a protein shake as insurance that I'm
    getting enough, and there are many products to choose from...
    Steve
    http://www.Tri-eCoach.com

  5. Nikolami

    Nikolami Guest

    Thanks Steve,
    i'm vegetarian 8 years and I eat dairy, eggs but not fish.
    again thanks, this is good advices for start.
    Nix

    news:[email protected]