Triathlon Training Tips?

regicide3342

Apr 19, 2015
Im looking to attend a local triathlon "tournament" and Im looking for training tips.

How do you prepare for triathlons? What protein products do you use? Nutrition tips?

jteezymob

Jun 30, 2015
regicide3342 said:
Im looking to attend a local triathlon "tournament" and Im looking for training tips.

How do you prepare for triathlons? What protein products do you use? Nutrition tips?
Get a swim coach that specializes in triathletes. Seriously, it will be the best money you can spend. I had to work my way through a couple of coaches before I found one that understood what I wanted- to make it out of the water with plenty of energy left to attack the bike and the run. I do masters too, but that's really just a good workout with a little bit of help on form. You need someone who can look at what you're doing and tell you how to be more efficient.

Good luck!

ambal

Oct 15, 2010
regicide3342 said:

Why would you want a protein product? Unless you're anorexic, you'll be getting enough protein brah! Even vegans can reach the recommended intake by lunch time without trying to hard...... fark I hate fad diets and the stupidity they promote.

ambal

Oct 15, 2010
tri-tard.jpg

ZXD22

Mar 21, 2015
USA, MA, Cape Cod
ambal said:
Why would you want a protein product? Unless you're anorexic, you'll be getting enough protein brah! Even vegans can reach the recommended intake by lunch time without trying to hard...... fark I hate fad diets and the stupidity they promote.
After a workout, it is recommended to eat the same number of grams of protein as your body weight. 1 gram of protein per pound would be great enough. Unless you eat a ton of meat throughout the day, it can be hard to get to that point.