Triathlon Training Tips?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by regicide3342, Jun 18, 2015.

1. regicide3342

regicide3342 New Member

Im looking to attend a local triathlon "tournament" and Im looking for training tips.

How do you prepare for triathlons? What protein products do you use? Nutrition tips?

Tags:

2. jteezymob

jteezymob New Member

Get a swim coach that specializes in triathletes. Seriously, it will be the best money you can spend. I had to work my way through a couple of coaches before I found one that understood what I wanted- to make it out of the water with plenty of energy left to attack the bike and the run. I do masters too, but that's really just a good workout with a little bit of help on form. You need someone who can look at what you're doing and tell you how to be more efficient.

Good luck!

3. ambal

ambal Active Member

Why would you want a protein product? Unless you're anorexic, you'll be getting enough protein brah! Even vegans can reach the recommended intake by lunch time without trying to hard...... fark I hate fad diets and the stupidity they promote.

4. ambal

ambal Active Member

5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

After a workout, it is recommended to eat the same number of grams of protein as your body weight. 1 gram of protein per pound would be great enough. Unless you eat a ton of meat throughout the day, it can be hard to get to that point.

6. Lizel

Lizel Active Member