Trickler_4010.exe in startup

gumpnme

New Member
Apr 3, 2003
Hey there!
I have successfully removed this trickler thing somewhat. I had to disable it in msconfig first, then searched for it and was able to delete it (located in local machine) for winxp. HOW in the world do i completely delete it from my startup list...can figure this out..can some one please help me...

"gumpnme" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey there! I have successfully removed this trickler thing somewhat. I had to disable it in
> msconfig first, then searched for it and was able to delete it (located in local machine) for
> winxp. HOW in the world do i completely delete it from my startup list...can figure this out..can
> some one please help me...

Matt, Bomba and some other fine fellows will be along to help you shortly. They helped me with same
problem a while back, but I know just enough to be dangerous :) (Solution involved changing file's
attributes so it's deletable.)

Bill "fast forgetter" S.

"gumpnme" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey there! I have successfully removed this trickler thing somewhat. I had to disable it in
> msconfig first, then searched for it and was able to delete it (located in local machine) for
> winxp. HOW in the world do i completely delete it from my startup list...can figure this out..can
> some one please help me...

1) Remove the Fsg.exe in your registry. (At your own risk based on your ability)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

2) Remove the program folder in C:\\Windows\System

If you you can not delete it, change it's name first.

To really remove the program, you will need to remove whatever software that installed it.

Do you use Roger Wilco? That is a serious offender of the Trickler spyware.. Anything that carries
Gator Offer Companion is a bad thing. Kazaa? An older Divx player? Could be a number of software
apps dled from the net.

Download Ad-Aware to handle most problems of this type.

darsh

Thank you all!
It's now gone completely..Thank you...it looks like it was Gator or part of it that brought this little package to us. Thank you again;) :p