Trike/bent for 350 lb. rider

Carl Ranford

Guest
I've heard of a few custom bent trikes for heavier riders, but they are
prohibitively expensive ($3k+). I'm looking for one for my dad, who is
6'4, 350 lbs/68/one quadruple bypass. Sun EZ-cruiser trikes are rated
at 250 lbs. I believe. I was just wondering if there is a model out
there that will accomodate 350 lbs. unmodified, or whether it is
possible to build up an EZ-cruiser trike to support that kind of
weight. Thanks for any suggestions. He has some balance issues or I'd
put him on a beefed up BikeE.

Talk to Sid Gowdy at Americruiser. He does have a heavy duty frame option
but I'm not sure of the weight limit. The good thing about the tricuriser
for the larger rider is that you do not have to climb down into it. It is
higher off the ground. You just sit down on it like a chair. His trikes
start at $799. If you put on all the options (21 speed, disc brakes, heavy
duty frame, etc.) you'd have trouble getting it over $1,500.

Go top www.americruiser.com and feel free to give Sid (the builder) a call.

Jeff

"Carl Ranford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I've heard of a few custom bent trikes for heavier riders, but they are
> prohibitively expensive ($3k+). I'm looking for one for my dad, who is
> 6'4, 350 lbs/68/one quadruple bypass. Sun EZ-cruiser trikes are rated
> at 250 lbs. I believe. I was just wondering if there is a model out
> there that will accomodate 350 lbs. unmodified, or whether it is
> possible to build up an EZ-cruiser trike to support that kind of
> weight. Thanks for any suggestions. He has some balance issues or I'd
> put him on a beefed up BikeE.

"Carl Ranford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've heard of a few custom bent trikes for heavier riders, but they are
> prohibitively expensive ($3k+). I'm looking for one for my dad, who is
> 6'4, 350 lbs/68/one quadruple bypass. Sun EZ-cruiser trikes are rated
> at 250 lbs. I believe. I was just wondering if there is a model out
> there that will accomodate 350 lbs. unmodified, or whether it is
> possible to build up an EZ-cruiser trike to support that kind of
> weight. Thanks for any suggestions. He has some balance issues or I'd
> put him on a beefed up BikeE.

Have your dad lose about 100 lbs. before he does anything else. To be that
overweight is a death sentence. It is really not possible to do much when
you are obese.

I see kids now that are obese. When I was a kid in school, there were only a
few fat kids. Now, fat kids are everywhere. America is becoming the Land of
the Fatties. I have never seen so many fatties as in Wisconsin. Whether it
is due to all that good cheese or beer I am not sure, but I do now that
having a gut that hangs out over your belt is not healthy - and it looks
like hell too!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka