Trike for a tall, heavy person?

"Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you're REALLY looking for something to ride. Why not try GOING TO
> A BIKE SHOP to see what they have to offer that just might work for
> your weight and height???? Instead of posting trivial **** here.
>
> I have found that if it works for YOU then RIDE IT and to hell with
> everyone else.
>
> I ride for the adventure, enjoyment, and meeting people along the way.
>
> To worry about the small stuff....spokes, wheel width, etc. Is just
> plain stupid. Find something that is comfortable for you. The post
> here about your experiences.

I wonder if it's stupid when you're stranded 10 miles from home...because of
small stuff like popped spokes and wheels that have gone out of true...

Tom Sherman wrote:

> For the record, I am not claiming that the wheels on Worksman HPVs are
> faulty. I was merely pointing out that the intuition that thicker spokes
> make for stronger wheels may not be true. Since tension spoked wheels
> are a prestressed structure, much of the conventional wisdom is incorrect.

Yea, like,,, totally!
That's why motorcycle spokes are way thinner than bicycle spokes!
Because motorcycles weigh lots more than bicycles, and so the spokes and
rims that motorcycles use are thicker, and ,,, uh,,, oh, no. Wait.....
~

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, DougC <[email protected]> wrote:

> The spokes aren't even interwoven, because the spokes are so thick
> that it isn't really practical. You'll likely get no problems with
> spokes rubbing each other through on Worksman wheels, as they don't
> even touch where they cross....

But since you don't get any problems with spokes rubbing each other
through on any properly built bicycle wheels using conventional size
components, this is substantially irrelevant. Doubling the weight
of a component to solve a problem that doesn't exist doesn't actually
seem particularly clever to me.

Why take a fantastically light and efficient structure and turn it
into a cart-wheel?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

On Dec 9, 3:24 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> > Dolan endorses Sherman! Birds of a feather.......

> > On Dec 9, 11:48 am, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Cycling newsgroups need folks like Tom Sherman hanging around.

> Hey Ozark,
>
> Where is the "0% Attitude" you advertise on your web-page?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> "Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
> differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
> excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

where is ozark's webpage?
wanna visit!

Andres

[email protected] aka Andres Muro wrote:
> On Dec 9, 3:24 pm, Tom Sherman wrote:
>> Ozark Bicycle wrote:
>>> Dolan endorses Sherman! Birds of a feather.......

>> Hey Ozark,
>>
>> Where is the "0% Attitude" you advertise on your web-page?
>>

> where is ozark's webpage?
> wanna visit!

See <http://www.ozarkbicycleservice.com/>. Looks like a tune-up is in
order, lots of HTML "&quot" appearing in the text (using two different
browsers). The "100% Service, 0% Attitude" slogan also seems to have
disappeared.

POST FREE OR DIE!