Trikes and the uneducated plod

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    I was out and about yesterday test riding a trike that was in for service, (Greenspeed recumbent),
    when I was stopped by Mr. Plod, he went on to tell me that being so low to the ground (despite 4
    foot flag) was dangerous on the road, and that being so wide meant cars may clip my wheels etc....,
    I asked him how much wider than my shoulders was the track? Er a few inches he said, so he advocated
    cars passing cyclists within a few inches then? Er no, not really, and how about this flag? He
    thought that should be very visible. I asked him if he was having a bad day as he obviously needed
    to have a moan at someone, he got all sheepish, apologised and left, strangely amusing.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB8F38CD.1095D%[email protected]...
    > I was out and about yesterday test riding a trike that was in for service, (Greenspeed recumbent),
    > when I was stopped by Mr. Plod, he went on to tell me that being so low to the ground (despite 4
    > foot flag) was dangerous on the road, and that being so wide meant cars may clip my wheels
    > etc...., I asked him how much wider than my shoulders was the track? Er a few inches
    he
    > said, so he advocated cars passing cyclists within a few inches then? Er
    no,
    > not really, and how about this flag? He thought that should be very
    visible.
    > I asked him if he was having a bad day as he obviously needed to have a
    moan
    > at someone, he got all sheepish, apologised and left, strangely amusing.
    >
    > --
    > Ian
    >
    > http://www.catrike.co.uk

    ...and yet beautiful...YESSS!!!