Trikes: Chaco 81 spd next to Tulpa

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rorschandt, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rorschandt

Rorschandt Guest

While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    photos of my trikes to give them something to talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@
    is he up to now...?").

Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    everything.

Thanks for looking at my stuff.

rorschandt

Tags:

2. M..Leuck

M..Leuck Guest

"rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    > photos of my trikes to give them something to talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@
    > is he up to
    now...?").
    >
    > Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    > http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    > everything.
    >
    > Thanks for looking at my stuff.
    >
    > rorschandt

I would still not cover the framework on the new one you are building, any difference in handling or
    performance with the smaller rear wheel?

3. rorschandt <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    > photos of my trikes to give them something to talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@
    > is he up to now...?").
    >
    > Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    > http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    > everything.
    >
    > Thanks for looking at my stuff.
    >
    > rorschandt

Quite impressive! Are you sure you have enough gears? Maybe a 3 x 9 hub, or a mountain drive in
    front (hee hee hee) Seriusly, I always run out of higher gears. Seems you have that problem solved.
    Happy riding!

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

4. a mere 81 speeds

I once had a LWB with 105 speeds and almost moved up to 135 speeds, but a friend asked how many of
    the 105 speeds I used....answer was 5. So I decided to forget the 135. Now I am down to 21 speeds
    and I still only use 5.
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > rorschandt <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    > > photos of my trikes to give them something
    to
    > > talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@ is he up to
    now...?").
    > >
    > > Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    > > http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    > > everything.
    > >
    > > Thanks for looking at my stuff.
    > >
    > > rorschandt
    >
    > Quite impressive! Are you sure you have enough gears? Maybe a 3 x 9 hub, or a mountain drive in
    > front (hee hee hee) Seriusly, I always run out of higher gears. Seems you have that problem
    > solved. Happy riding!
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

5. Tom Sherman

Tom Sherman Guest

Christopher Jordan wrote:
    >
    > Quite impressive! Are you sure you have enough gears? Maybe a 3 x 9 hub, or a mountain drive in
    > front (hee hee hee)....

I say dump the cassettes and derailleurs, and put two Rohloff 14-speed hubs on the trike. ;)

Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.