Trikes: Chaco 81 spd next to Tulpa

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rorschandt, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    photos of my trikes to give them something to talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@
    is he up to now...?").

    Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    everything.

    Thanks for looking at my stuff.

    rorschandt

    Tags:

  2. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    > photos of my trikes to give them something to talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@
    > is he up to
    now...?").

    > Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    > http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    > everything.
    >
    > Thanks for looking at my stuff.
    >
    > rorschandt

    I would still not cover the framework on the new one you are building, any difference in handling or
    performance with the smaller rear wheel?

  3. rorschandt <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    > photos of my trikes to give them something to talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@
    > is he up to now...?").
    >
    > Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    > http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    > everything.
    >
    > Thanks for looking at my stuff.
    >
    > rorschandt

    Quite impressive! Are you sure you have enough gears? Maybe a 3 x 9 hub, or a mountain drive in
    front (hee hee hee) Seriusly, I always run out of higher gears. Seems you have that problem solved.
    Happy riding!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  4. a mere 81 speeds

    I once had a LWB with 105 speeds and almost moved up to 135 speeds, but a friend asked how many of
    the 105 speeds I used....answer was 5. So I decided to forget the 135. Now I am down to 21 speeds
    and I still only use 5.
    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > rorschandt <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > While my neighbors attempted to train their wonderful puppy to be a mindless robot, I took some
    > > photos of my trikes to give them something
    > > talk about with the other neighbors("What weird *%#@ is he up to
    now...?").

    > > Included are photos of seat adjustment,chain handling, and side by side pics with the Tulpa.
    > > http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/844656287 Please ignore the brazing flux that is all over
    > > everything.
    > >
    > > Thanks for looking at my stuff.
    > >
    > > rorschandt
    >
    > Quite impressive! Are you sure you have enough gears? Maybe a 3 x 9 hub, or a mountain drive in
    > front (hee hee hee) Seriusly, I always run out of higher gears. Seems you have that problem
    > solved. Happy riding!
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Christopher Jordan wrote:

    > Quite impressive! Are you sure you have enough gears? Maybe a 3 x 9 hub, or a mountain drive in
    > front (hee hee hee)....

    I say dump the cassettes and derailleurs, and put two Rohloff 14-speed hubs on the trike. ;)