Trikki Beltran's bad concussion and his helmet

"gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

Now you've done it. You better get yours on and strap it on tight!
--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:34:49 GMT, gwhite <[email protected]> wrote:

>Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

LOL! Nice use of sarcasm :)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Let’s have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck
in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle."
- Earl Blumenauer

gwhite wrote:
> Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

No, if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, he would've been more careful
and wouldn't have crashed. Crashes were almost unheard of in
professional cycling before rules were introduced requiring the use of
helmets.

> gwhite wrote:
> > Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

> No, if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, he would've been more careful
> and wouldn't have crashed. Crashes were almost unheard of in
> professional cycling before rules were introduced requiring the use of
> helmets.

Boy, talk about pulling something out of one's ass!

gwhite wrote:
> Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

Yes, but did he have two guns?

"gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

I don't know why he pulled out, I've landed on my head more
times than I can remember, and it's never kept me from climbing
back on the bike.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:46:13 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

>I don't know why he pulled out, I've landed on my head more
>times than I can remember, and it's never kept me from climbing
>back on the bike.

Johann said in the interview post-race that he did get back on but
after 10km and him not knowing where he was, or indeed, that he had
even fallen, the race doctor pulled him.

jj

"Ken Prager" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article

<[email protected]>,
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > gwhite wrote:
> > > Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

> > No, if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, he would've been more

careful
> > and wouldn't have crashed. Crashes were almost unheard of in
> > professional cycling before rules were introduced requiring

the use of
> > helmets.

> Boy, talk about pulling something out of one's ass!

Like, does the name Casartelli ring a bell?

On the flip side, the recent death of a helmeted racer here in
Portland, Or. shows that a helmet is not a free pass to
immortality. http://tinyurl.com/7pefv I raced that course for
years without so much as a close call. The finish is so wide and
the set-up is so long that there is rarely a mishap. This poor
guy just got in the wrong place and bit it going full blast with
a helmet on. -- Jay Beattie.

Jay Beattie wrote:

> ... a helmet is not a free pass to
> immortality.

I am selling tin foil hats though. Not free, but at an affordable cost.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in

> "gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

> I don't know why he pulled out, I've landed on my head more
> times than I can remember, and it's never kept me from climbing
> back on the bike.

Mostly without a helmet obviously.

> > Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

> I don't know why he pulled out, I've landed on my head more
> times than I can remember, and it's never kept me from climbing
> back on the bike.

I've gotten my bell rung more than a boxer, and it ain't fun. But one
time I did get back on the bike and rode to the hospital so they could take
care of a broken bone. The ride wasn't bad, but the service at the hospital
stunk. They wheeled me into flu ward, and I had to endure listening to all
of these slugs coughing and wheezing. What a bunch of babies. They all
thought they were gonna die. It was during a flu epidemic 5 years ago. I
can still hear them, " oh Doctor........please help ......me.....I
......can't ....cough breathe. I felt like slapping a couple of them, so
they could regain some dignity. If any place needed a suitcase of courage
it was that place.

In article <[email protected]>,
Mike Latondresse <mikelat@no_spam_shaw.ca> writes:
> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in
>

>> "gwhite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

>> I don't know why he pulled out, I've landed on my head more
>> times than I can remember, and it's never kept me from climbing
>> back on the bike.
>>

> Mostly without a helmet obviously.

Hey, as long as he remembers in which direction to go.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 03:17:49 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>stunk. They wheeled me into flu ward, and I had to endure listening to all
>of these slugs coughing and wheezing. What a bunch of babies. They all
>thought they were gonna die. It was during a flu epidemic 5 years ago. I

Flu is a serious illness that kills thousands of people every year.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

gwhite wrote:
> I am selling tin foil hats though. Not free, but at an affordable cost.

You capitalist cycling dog.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Flu is a serious illness that kills thousands of people every year.

As is stupidity.

Jay Beattie wrote:

> Like, does the name Casartelli ring a bell?

He actually hit more of his face than his upper head but I agree...

Helmets-don't hurt, may help. What's so diffuclt to understand?

[email protected] wrote:

> gwhite wrote:
>
>>Good thing he was wearing a helmet.

> No, if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, he would've been more careful
> and wouldn't have crashed. Crashes were almost unheard of in
> professional cycling before rules were introduced requiring the use of
> helmets.

What a reach. If he could fly, he never would have fallen in the first
place, I suppose.

Quoting Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]>:
>Jay Beattie wrote:
>>Like, does the name Casartelli ring a bell?

>He actually hit more of his face than his upper head but I agree...
>Helmets-don't hurt, may help. What's so diffuclt to understand?

Why you think something that increases the lever arm won't hurt in
torsional impacts.
Today is Chedday, Presuary.