Trip from Vancouver from Calgary

ubcnumanuma

Dec 7, 2006
I really want to bike to Calgary over the summer, through the Okanagan and Banff, hopefully starting in June next year. I want to be in Calgary by July 1st. I've never done a trip anywhere near as long as this, so I would appreciate any feedback - any at all. I would prefer to avoid the highway if at all possible.

Anyway, you can assume I'm pretty clueless, so any comments would be welcome. If someone has done this, or a similar, trip before, I would really highly appreciate the feedback. Feel free to e-mail me too.

Happy cycling!

ubcnumanuma said:
I really want to bike to Calgary over the summer, through the Okanagan and Banff, hopefully starting in June next year. I want to be in Calgary by July 1st. I've never done a trip anywhere near as long as this, so I would appreciate any feedback - any at all. I would prefer to avoid the highway if at all possible.

Anyway, you can assume I'm pretty clueless, so any comments would be welcome. If someone has done this, or a similar, trip before, I would really highly appreciate the feedback. Feel free to e-mail me too.

Happy cycling!
check out www.crazyguyonabike.com

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=lt&doc_id=1700&v=1fx

A solo, self-contained tour from Vancouver to Calgary and back.

2,781 km (1,728 miles) over 33 days from May 29, 2006 to June 30, 2006

could be fun...enjoy