trip to vermont/new hampshire

Jeneen Sommers

Guest
I'll be in New Hampshire for a conference at the
end of June, and I'll have the Sunday before it starts
to myself. I plan to go to the Baker's Store (the
King Arthur Flour people) in Vermont. I had
hoped to go to Penzey's in Mass., but they're closed
on Sundays. Are there any other interesting foodie
places to visit in that general area that are open
on Sundays? I would have also liked to go to the
Vermont Country Store, but they're also closed on
Sundays.

Thanks!

Jeneen

Jeneen Sommers wrote:
> I'll be in New Hampshire for a conference at the
> end of June, and I'll have the Sunday before it starts
> to myself. I plan to go to the Baker's Store (the
> King Arthur Flour people) in Vermont. I had
> hoped to go to Penzey's in Mass., but they're closed
> on Sundays. Are there any other interesting foodie
> places to visit in that general area that are open
> on Sundays? I would have also liked to go to the
> Vermont Country Store, but they're also closed on
> Sundays.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeneen

Where in NH are you going to be? From there I may be able to assit
you.

Jessica

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Jessica V. wrote:

> Where in NH are you going to be? From there I may be able to assit
> you.

The meeting is in Durham, NH, but I'll be flying into Boston and driving
up to the meeting. The Baker's Store is in Norwich, VT.

Thanks for your help!

Jeneen

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Siobhan Perricone wrote:
> Well, there's the Ben and Jerry's plant. You can take the tour on Sundays
> but they don't have the production line running. Still get free samples at
> the end though. It is, however, around an hour or so away from Norwich,
> Vermont. You might want to look around Woodstock, VT. Billings Farm and
> Museum has lots of farm fresh stuff, and the Simon Pierce factory in
> Queechee has a great restaurant (so I hear, I've not been there).

I may head up to Ben & Jerry's. My plane arrives in Boston at 5:30
am, so I have time to drive up there, and someone else mentioned Cabot's
cheese factory up that way. And that way I get to see more of the area.
Woodstock looks great, too. Thanks for the suggestions!

Jeneen

Jeneen Sommers wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Siobhan Perricone wrote:
> > Well, there's the Ben and Jerry's plant. You can take the tour on Sundays
> > but they don't have the production line running. Still get free samples at
> > the end though. It is, however, around an hour or so away from Norwich,
> > Vermont. You might want to look around Woodstock, VT. Billings Farm and
> > Museum has lots of farm fresh stuff, and the Simon Pierce factory in
> > Queechee has a great restaurant (so I hear, I've not been there).

> I may head up to Ben & Jerry's. My plane arrives in Boston at 5:30
> am, so I have time to drive up there, and someone else mentioned Cabot's
> cheese factory up that way. And that way I get to see more of the area.
> Woodstock looks great, too. Thanks for the suggestions!
>
> Jeneen

Cabot isn't very far at all from Ben & Jerry's. There's also (bit far
from VT) Stonewall Kitchen in Wells, ME.

Jessica

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Jessica V. wrote:

> Cabot isn't very far at all from Ben & Jerry's. There's also (bit far
> from VT) Stonewall Kitchen in Wells, ME.

Hmmm...maybe I'll head out there one evening. Thanks!

Jeneen