Triple clamp forks on kona

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Matthew Paterso, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Hey

    Would anyone recommend fitting a pair of Marzocchi Junior T forks to a Kona Scab hardtail? The
    headtube is reinforced, but should I just stick with my single crown Z1 Wedge.

    Thanks.

    Matt

    Tags:

  2. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey
    >
    > Would anyone recommend fitting a pair of Marzocchi Junior T forks to a Kona Scab hardtail? The
    > headtube is reinforced, but should I just stick with my single crown Z1 Wedge.

    I do not see a reason why you can't, but why in the world would you want to put a long travel fork
    on a hardtail?

    -Dave

  3. Dave Stocker says:

    >I do not see a reason why you can't, but why in the world would you want to put a long travel fork
    >on a hardtail?

    For the same reason you put a 5" fart-pipe and an aluminium bookshelf spoiler on the back of a stock
    Honda civic. Dewd! Where _have_ you been?

    ;-P

    Steve

  4. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    I have a NOLEEN Chubby on my Raleigh M60. Its been there for 2 years with no frame problems and I
    like the ride.

    Fire up MTB 03

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > [email protected] (Matthew Paterson) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hey
    > >
    > > Would anyone recommend fitting a pair of Marzocchi Junior T forks to a Kona Scab hardtail? The
    > > headtube is reinforced, but should I just stick with my single crown Z1 Wedge.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Matt
    >
    > Here's what happens to kona crap, even with only a single crown fork:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/mtbr/gallery/pictures/dead_kona_small.jpg

    Aw, c'mon -- that's just a cosmetic little crack!

    Bill "3 rolls o' duct tape and yer good to go" S.

  7. Phil Lee

    Phil Lee Guest

    > [email protected] (Matthew Paterson) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hey
    > >
    > > Would anyone recommend fitting a pair of Marzocchi Junior T forks to a Kona Scab hardtail? The
    > > headtube is reinforced, but should I just stick with my single crown Z1 Wedge.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Matt
    >
    > Here's what happens to kona crap, even with only a single crown fork:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/mtbr/gallery/pictures/dead_kona_small.jpg

    Do you have to charge that Kona up?

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training