Triple to Double BB Difference?

Paul Kopit

Guest
I have some 110/74 bolt triple cranks and want to run only the 2 outer rings and no inner ring.

How many mm should the bb spindle be shorter in order to get the chainline proper for use as a
double? I'm guessing 3 mm per side or 6
mm. total, but I'm uncertain and I'm sure someone knows.

It seems to be less costly to get 110/74 triples than a 110 bolt double.

paul-<< I have some 110/74 bolt triple cranks and want to run only the 2 outer rings and no
inner ring.

<< How many mm should the bb spindle be shorter in order to get the chainline proper for use
as a double?

Really depends on the crank but do you still have 'studs' on the crank for the small ring? may not
be able to shorten the BB much..otherwise these will hit the chainstay.

On 11 Apr 2003 13:31:24 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote:

>Really depends on the crank but do you still have 'studs' on the crank for the small ring? may not
>be able to shorten the BB much..otherwise these will hit the chainstay.

I checked. There always has to be room for the small chainring which is closer to the chainstay. I
would guess there is always a few mm at the studs.