trivia racing question

Sheila

Guest
what day, what year and what racer did Greg LeMond beat to win the Tour de France by 8 seconds?

Sheila

<< > what day, what year and what racer did Greg LeMond beat to win the
> Tour de France by 8 seconds?
>
> Sheila

Sunday July 23 1989 fignon

The date is correct, but Lemond beat Thierry Marie by 33 seconds on this date, to win the Tour de
France by 8 seconds over Laurent Fignon. Fignon finished 3rd that day @ 58 seconds.

"Kris Tilford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> << > what day, what year and what racer did Greg LeMond beat to win the
> > Tour de France by 8 seconds?
> >
> > Sheila
>
> Sunday July 23 1989 fignon
>
> The date is correct, but Lemond beat Thierry Marie by 33 seconds on this
date,
> to win the Tour de France by 8 seconds over Laurent Fignon. Fignon
finished 3rd
> that day @ 58 seconds.

Kris, you KNOW that had to hurt.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Kris Tilford" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040130212745.25908.00000823@mb-
> m23.aol.com...
>> << > what day, what year and what racer did Greg LeMond beat to win the
>> > Tour de France by 8 seconds?
>> >
>> > Sheila
>>
>> Sunday July 23 1989 fignon
>>
>> The date is correct, but Lemond beat Thierry Marie by 33 seconds on this
> date,
>> to win the Tour de France by 8 seconds over Laurent Fignon. Fignon
> finished 3rd
>> that day @ 58 seconds.
>
> Kris, you KNOW that had to hurt.

Maybe I read the question wrongly, but I thought it wanted to know who Lemond beat to win the Tour
de France and not just the final stage.

Sorry about that.

--
le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

"Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > "Kris Tilford" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040130212745.25908.00000823@mb-
> > m23.aol.com...
> >> << > what day, what year and what racer did Greg LeMond beat to win the

> >> Sunday July 23 1989 fignon
> >>
> >> The date is correct, but Lemond beat Thierry Marie by 33 seconds on
this
> > date,
> >> to win the Tour de France by 8 seconds over Laurent Fignon. Fignon
> > finished 3rd
> >> that day @ 58 seconds.
> >
> > Kris, you KNOW that had to hurt.
> >

> Maybe I read the question wrongly, but I thought it wanted to know who
Lemond beat to win the Tour de France and not just the final stage.

I assume it did. But your posting was spot on. I hadn't realized that Fignon had been beat by Theiry
that say as well.