TRL report: rotational impact

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote on 01/07/2007 19:22 +0100:
> http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_detail.asp?srid=6190&pid=220
>
> Anyone got full text?
>
> Incidentally, my quote of the week passed on by Roger Geffen:
> "policy-based evidence making." Oh yes, we know what that means
> alright.
>
> Guy

No but its only £25 if you want me to chip in.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 19:50:41 +0100, Tony Raven
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>its only £25 if you want me to chip in.

I have a cunning and devious plan, will pass on a copy if it arrives.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

in message <[email protected]>, Tony Raven
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote on 01/07/2007 19:22 +0100:
>> http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_detail.asp?srid=6190&pid=220
>>
>> Anyone got full text?
>>
>> Incidentally, my quote of the week passed on by Roger Geffen:
>> "policy-based evidence making." Oh yes, we know what that means
>> alright.
>>
>> Guy

> No but its only £25 if you want me to chip in.

AOL.

; ... of course nothing said here will be taken notice of by
; the W3C. The official place to be ignored is on www-style or
; www-html. -- George Lund

Adrian Godwin wrote on 03/07/2007 17:58 +0100:
> Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
>> http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_detail.asp?srid=6190&pid=220
>>
>> Anyone got full text?
>>

> If someone were to buy a copy, and declare it to be the property
> of the urc library, could it be circulated to members of that
> library legally ? I can't see any notices about copyright on
> the site so I don't know if library copies are priced differently.

There doesn't need to be any copyright notices. Copyright is intrinsic
and automatic. And no a urc library would not work otherwise people
would set up music libraries to legally share music with each other.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

> There doesn't need to be any copyright notices. Copyright is intrinsic
> and automatic.

True, but some publishers apply a more draconian standard than others
(or attempt to : I don't know whether they have any right to do so).
If the conditions of sale are different from any other publication I
would want to know before I purchased.

> And no a urc library would not work otherwise people
> would set up music libraries to legally share music with each other.

At the risk of sidetracking the thread ..

They do, formally or informally. Friends lend each other their CDs. I
guess 'official' libraries may have some special status, but many
groups, for example, purchase OS maps from a common fund and lend them
to members. There isn't any reason for this to be either illegal or
immoral if only one map is actually in circulation and nobody takes
a copy : AFAIK copyright law restricts duplication, not use.

I'm interested in hearing what the report has to say, and would
consider making a contribution toward someone buying a copy (even if
they didn't lend it to me). If no-one does that and I can't locate
a copy elsewhere, I might buy it myself.

-adrian