Troll-free December (for the LOVE OF GOD!!!)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Sorni, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...

    STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!

    Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.

    If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it private. (Here's a hint: he won't
    engage in a private dialogue, because all he is is a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to get
    a reaction from us; don't give him the satisfaction.

    I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to argue with him -- especially
    from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at the end (sometimes it's there
    3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering up the friggin' group...

    We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no reason we can't again.

    Bill "time to ride now" S.

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...
    >
    > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    >
    > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    >
    > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it private. (Here's a hint: he won't
    > engage in a private dialogue, because all he is
    is
    > a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to get a reaction from us;
    don't
    > give him the satisfaction.
    >
    > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to
    argue
    > with him -- especially from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at the
    > end (sometimes it's there 3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering up the
    > friggin' group...
    >
    > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no reason we can't again.
    >
    > Bill "time to ride now" S.

    Well said Sorni!
    --
    Slacker

  3. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...
    >
    > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    >
    > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    >
    > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it private. (Here's a hint: he won't
    > engage in a private dialogue, because all he is
    is
    > a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to get a reaction from us;
    don't
    > give him the satisfaction.
    >
    > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to
    argue
    > with him -- especially from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at the
    > end (sometimes it's there 3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering up the
    > friggin' group...
    >
    > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no reason we can't again.
    >
    > Bill "time to ride now" S.

    heh, much better than my plan to reply to one of the many crosspostings, with a new header that
    said "crossposters are idiots" commenting on how they need to get a life and keep things in their
    own ng's...

    (that would have felt sooooo good tho....)

    penny

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...
    >
    > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    >
    > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.

    I'm in!

    Mike

  5. N_a_j

    N_a_j Guest

    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...
    >
    > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    >
    > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    >
    > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it private. (Here's a hint: he won't
    > engage in a private dialogue, because all he is is a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to
    > get a reaction from us; don't give him the satisfaction.
    >
    > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to argue with him -- especially
    > from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at the end (sometimes it's
    > there 3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering up the friggin' group...
    >
    > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no reason we can't again.
    >
    > Bill "time to ride now" S.

    After reading this NG for the past week, I was about to post a message similar to yours. I see too
    many message boards where people complain and complain about certain posters, only to take their
    bait every time. Please let Mr. V's posts die a slow death, dropping off each page one by one. This
    board is dying because of his blabbering.

  6. On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:57:52 +0000, Sorni did issue forth:

    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...

    Ah. That's better! Just rewritten my newsreader's filters a bit. It already kills anything
    written by our favourite troll himself, anything with any possible misspelling of his name, the
    phrase "typical mountain biker" and now just be sure, it kills anything crossposted to three or
    more groups.

    Only problem is, it feels kinda quiet in here without all the troll activity! ;-)

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...
    >
    > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    >
    > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    >
    > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it private. (Here's a hint: he won't
    > engage in a private dialogue, because all he is
    is
    > a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to get a reaction from us;
    don't
    > give him the satisfaction.
    >
    > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to
    argue
    > with him -- especially from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at the
    > end (sometimes it's there 3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering up the
    > friggin' group...
    >
    > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no reason we can't again.
    >
    > Bill "time to ride now" S.

    _What the hell_ are you on about Bill?

    Shaun aRe ',;~}

  8. Sorni wrote:

    A bit of selective snipping and...

    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...
    >
    > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    >
    > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it private. He lives to get a
    > reaction from us; don't give him the satisfaction.
    >
    > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to argue with him. I don't read
    > them, but they're still cluttering up the friggin' group...
    >
    > We used to have fairly successful
    months around here; no reason
    > we can't again.

    ...and then Shaun got his newsfeed sorted out ;~p"

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!

    Well, after you take that rusty hook out of your own yap, think about
    it. There is a contingent of dilweeds in this newsgroup that think arguing with a psycho is not
    psychotic in its own way.

    JD

  10. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:57:52 GMT, Sorni wrote:

    > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no reason we can't again.

    Actually, there is (at least right now). It requires everyone to say "yes, I agree this is a stupid
    waste of time". Most already recognize that, but Vandeman's got a whole stringer of fools who just
    can't lose the taste for his bait.

  11. Mtbmike

    Mtbmike Guest

    > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the "chronic repliers")...
    >
    > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    >
    > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    >
    > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it private. (Here's a hint: he won't
    > engage in a private dialogue, because all he is is a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to
    > get a reaction from us; don't give him the satisfaction.
    >
    > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to argue with him -- especially
    > from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at the end (sometimes it's
    > there 3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering up the friggin' group...
    >
    > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no reason we can't again.
    >
    > Bill "time to ride now" S.

    I agree... If you must reply to the troll just call him direct and let him know how you feel....

    http://sfbay.sierraclub.org/Wildlife.asp

    We have plenty of interesting and inspiring work for anyone who cares about wildlife.

    Mike Vandeman

    510-204-0643 or 510-901-7270

  12. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the
    "chronic
    > > repliers")...
    > >
    > > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    > >
    > > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    > >
    > > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it
    private.
    > > (Here's a hint: he won't engage in a private dialogue, because all he
    is
    > is
    > > a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to get a reaction from us;
    > don't
    > > give him the satisfaction.
    > >
    > > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to
    > argue
    > > with him -- especially from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at
    > > the end (sometimes it's there 3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering
    > > up the friggin' group...
    > >
    > > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no
    reason
    > > we can't again.
    > >
    > > Bill "time to ride now" S.
    > >

    > heh, much better than my plan to reply to one of the many crosspostings, with a new header that
    > said "crossposters are idiots" commenting on how they need to get a life and keep things in their
    > own ng's...
    >
    > (that would have felt sooooo good tho....)

    Go ahead and do it -- unfortunately, you'll have plenty from which to choose.

    Bill "time to go a-plonking" S.

  13. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:57:52 +0000, Sorni did issue forth:
    >
    > > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the
    "chronic
    > > repliers")...
    >
    > Ah. That's better! Just rewritten my newsreader's filters a bit. It already kills anything
    > written by our favourite troll himself, anything with any possible misspelling of his name, the
    > phrase "typical mountain biker" and now just be sure, it kills anything crossposted to three or
    > more groups.

    Wondering if I need to post under a different name?

    Mike

  14. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  15. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:57:52 +0000, Sorni did issue forth:
    >
    > > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the
    "chronic
    > > repliers")...
    >
    > Ah. That's better! Just rewritten my newsreader's filters a bit. It already kills anything
    > written by our favourite troll himself, anything with any possible misspelling of his name, the
    > phrase "typical mountain biker" and now just be sure, it kills anything crossposted to three or
    > more groups.

    I do ok with block sender and keywords ffiltering, but I haven't been able to get whole phrases to
    work in OE .... also does anyone know how to set OE up to kill anything crossposted like Huw
    describes? Penny

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    N_A_J <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    >posts die a slow death, dropping off each page one by one.

    What are you going on about? Sheesh, yer as bad a Bill with yer nonsense witterings.

    > This board is dying because of his blabbering.

    This NG is alive and kicking, buddy ',;~P``````

    Shaun aRe eh?

  17. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > ...and then Shaun got his newsfeed sorted out ;~p"

    Hehehehe..and he damn near uses up his bandwidth limit on the first day!

    Mike

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorni wrote:
    >
    > A bit of selective snipping and...
    >
    > > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the
    "chronic
    > > repliers")...
    > >
    > > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    > >
    > > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it
    private.
    > > He lives to get a reaction from us; don't give him the satisfaction.
    > >
    > > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to
    argue
    > > with him. I don't read them, but they're still cluttering up the
    friggin' group...

    > > We used to have fairly successful
    > months around here; no reason
    > > we can't again.
    >
    > ...and then Shaun got his newsfeed sorted out ;~p"

    Just gotta figure out how to stop my fingers from bleeding all over this fucking keyboard so I can
    post more.

    Bitch.

    Shaun aRe

  19. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "N_A_J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Attn: Newbies to the newsgroup (I've already blocked most of the
    "chronic
    > > repliers")...
    > >
    > > STOP TAKING THE ENVIRO-TROLL'S BAIT!
    > >
    > > Please (PLEASE!) ignore him; one month is all I ask.
    > >
    > > If you feel you must respond to his ridiculous crappola, take it
    private.
    > > (Here's a hint: he won't engage in a private dialogue, because all he
    is is
    > > a TROLL {duh...it's so OBVIOUS}.) He lives to get a reaction from us;
    don't
    > > give him the satisfaction.
    > >
    > > I'm tired of having to wade through all these insipid posts trying to
    argue
    > > with him -- especially from idiots who don't even know how to snip his obnoxious signature at
    > > the end (sometimes it's there 3 and 4 times!). I don't read them, but they're still cluttering
    > > up the friggin' group...
    > >
    > > We used to have fairly successful troll-free months around here; no
    reason
    > > we can't again.
    > >
    > > Bill "time to ride now" S.
    >
    > After reading this NG for the past week, I was about to post a message similar to yours. I see too
    > many message boards where people complain and complain about certain posters, only to take their
    > bait every time. Please let Mr. V's posts die a slow death, dropping off each page one by one.
    > This board is dying because of his blabbering.

    I wouldn't go so far as to say the NG is dying because of his antics. The bigger reason that NG's in
    general are dying is that you actually have to know they exist and/or how to access them to view the
    messages. With the proliferation of other web based message boards there's plenty of avenues for
    people to go that are literally a click away. Most non computer types don't even know about the
    usenet so to say that one is dying becuase of the relatively infrequent postings form a baboon is
    not a fair assessment. They simply die because people stop going. I don't filter out the demented
    Dr. but I choose to ignore his inane postings as I see fit. I'll chime in on occasion just to let
    him know that a PhD doesn't actually make him an expert but the few posts he makes are still few and
    far between and aren't actually keeping people from accessing the NG.

    Michael

  20. On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 07:35:28 +0000, Michael Dart did issue forth:

    > Wondering if I need to post under a different name?

    Who said that?

    Nah, I've only got the V-name blocked out. Incidentally, have you noticed how no-one has actually
    mentioned his name yet? Probably a good thing as I reckon he does regular Google searches to see if
    we're talking about him.

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org