Trolling theory

Bob Schwartz

Guest
The whole point of anonymous trolling is to get under people's skin.

You guys don't have to pay attention to it. You don't have to
follow up. Frankly, if the follow up does not have an element of
humor in it, I'd say don't bother. Feeding a troll confirms it's
success.

Some of you guys have hot buttons with 'Troll Me' written in neon
letters. And damn if you don't get trolled without end.

Sheesh.

This is like the guy in the pickup truck with the '3' decal that
hits the horn from way back when passing you. Do you think that
guy feels bad when he looks in the mirror and sees you giving
him the finger? Or do you think he feels 'mission accomplished'?

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The whole point of anonymous trolling is to get under people's skin.
>
> You guys don't have to pay attention to it. You don't have to
> follow up. Frankly, if the follow up does not have an element of
> humor in it, I'd say don't bother. Feeding a troll confirms it's
> success.
>
> Some of you guys have hot buttons with 'Troll Me' written in neon
> letters. And damn if you don't get trolled without end.
>
> Sheesh.
>
> This is like the guy in the pickup truck with the '3' decal that
> hits the horn from way back when passing you. Do you think that
> guy feels bad when he looks in the mirror and sees you giving
> him the finger? Or do you think he feels 'mission accomplished'?
>
> Bob Schwartz
> [email protected]

It took you about a month to figure that out, Bob?

Carl Sundquist <[email protected]> wrote:
> It took you about a month to figure that out, Bob?

Oh, I stopped flipping the bird to aggressive drivers years ago.
And with respect to rbr, I have learned to leave the political
threads alone. Among others.

Magilla hooked me for a while, not once but twice. First it
was when he was reeling in Sandy by misapplying legal theory
with respect to Tyler Hamilton. And then again with his
deliberate mangling of physics and geometry. But eventually
I got it.

My screed was directed towards the possessors of hot buttons,
many of whom have not yet figured it out.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:06:58 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> My screed was directed towards the possessors of hot buttons,

Is this a troll for heather?

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:06:58 -0000, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:

>My screed was directed towards the possessors of hot buttons,
>many of whom have not yet figured it out.

Give Magilla credit - he hasn't trolled the cross-posting threads that
have popped up here in the last couple of days. Guess shooting fish in
a barrel doesn't appeal to him, although that seems to be crossing
metaphors or something.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> And your continuous insistence - along with others who
> skipped physics class - that you go faster around a 180 degree turn
> on a velodrome than is beyond credibilty.

Magilla, sweetheart.

That your center of gravity traces a shorter circumference
because of the lean is geometry. Not physics.

<kiss>

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:06:58 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > My screed was directed towards the possessors of hot buttons,

> Is this a troll for heather?

ha! i wish :)

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> <kiss>

You must be from a more extreme Buddhist sect than Lafferty.

h squared wrote:
> ha! i wish :)

Dumbass,
They don't have to be big to be hot.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> The whole point of anonymous trolling is to get under people's skin.
>
> You guys don't have to pay attention to it. You don't have to
> follow up. Frankly, if the follow up does not have an element of
> humor in it, I'd say don't bother. Feeding a troll confirms it's
> success.
>
> Some of you guys have hot buttons with 'Troll Me' written in neon
> letters. And damn if you don't get trolled without end.
>
> Sheesh.
>
> This is like the guy in the pickup truck with the '3' decal that
> hits the horn from way back when passing you. Do you think that
> guy feels bad when he looks in the mirror and sees you giving
> him the finger? Or do you think he feels 'mission accomplished'?
>
> Bob Schwartz
> [email protected]

Some of us definitely should know better, starting with me, but I get
hard headed. Once in a great while they actually manage to add
something, but not very often. Magilla and his soph sidekick/alter ego
have reached a point where it's impossible to take them seriously so I
plan on leaving him with his blue ribbon and ignoring their **** from
now on. Takes me longer to learn than most I guess.
Bill C