Trolling

maydog

Feb 5, 2010
There have been a lot of recent posts from a member trying to get a negative reaction from many of the regulars on this site. I think it reflects highly on us all that we have still been trying to offer useful information and have not resorted to name calling or personal attacks.

Lets keep our posts "above the line". But what do we do about trolling? Verbal sparring is fun once and a while, but it dilutes the value of the forum.

I am not sure is banning is a good option. Perhaps "trollworthy" threads could moved to their own section (like "Under the Bridge") , such that the "debate" can continue but uninterested readers need not be bothered.

maydog->The problem is when the troll makes a post in non-trollworthy threads where the OP as you indicated is looking for genuine advice. The only way to handle trolls

1) Do not pay attention to them and they eventually will go away

2) Ban them

Trolls as indicated by the name do not give up easily especially when they do not feel they are trolls.

-js

Maydog the one you're referring to is pretty blatant in my opinion. I started the ignoring process last week sometime. Since then I flagged and reported one of the "posts" and politely asked for some action from the admins. We'll see what happens but in the meantime they don't need to be fed.