Trotter 685 Repair

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by GWN, Jul 10, 2005.

  1. GWN

    GWN Guest

    Hi people,

    I've used a 240 volt Trotter 685 treadmill at home for 1.5 years. It
    was purchased reconditioned from a bankrupt fitness club. The unit
    worked flawlessly until this week.

    When powering on, the display shows "err code 08". A Trotter manual
    describes "08" as voltage less than 190 V applied to motor for more
    than 5 sec. A internet treadmill web page describes it as a power
    fault.

    Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot this condition.

    Thanks,
    Art

    Tags:

  2. GWN

    GWN Guest

    Sorry got my voltages wrong. It is a 220 volt unit not 240 volt.

    Thanks,
    Art
    =====
    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:06:08 -0400, GWN <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi people,
    >
    >I've used a 240 volt Trotter 685 treadmill at home for 1.5 years. It
    >was purchased reconditioned from a bankrupt fitness club. The unit
    >worked flawlessly until this week.
    >
    >When powering on, the display shows "err code 08". A Trotter manual
    >describes "08" as voltage less than 190 V applied to motor for more
    >than 5 sec. A internet treadmill web page describes it as a power
    >fault.
    >
    >Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot this condition.
    >
    >Thanks,
    > Art

  3. First, before you call an expensive electrician, you need to stick a
    fork in the socket to make sure you have enough power.

  4. Here it goes Anne, bigger, bigger, bigger, almost to it's full 3"...