Trouble installing Selle Italia saddle

roccopendola

May 31, 2006
I have a Selle Italia Nixe saddle that just won't fit on either of my bikes. I find this wierd, and not being a good bike mechanic - just a rider here! - I figured I ought to throw this out here.

First I tried to replace the stock saddle on my GIANT TCR C2 to no avail. I just got a Bianchi Pista and went to replace its saddle and same thing. I figured which is which, but on one bike the rails on the Nixe are just too narrow and too wide for the other. What gives? How can this be?? Is this common??? And what to do???? I don't want to manipulate the rails too much for fear of busting them or having an awkward fit. I am just out of luck???????

THanks in advance. I read alot here, but first time posting.

roccopendola said:
I have a Selle Italia Nixe saddle that just won't fit on either of my bikes. I find this wierd, and not being a good bike mechanic - just a rider here! - I figured I ought to throw this out here.

First I tried to replace the stock saddle on my GIANT TCR C2 to no avail. I just got a Bianchi Pista and went to replace its saddle and same thing. I figured which is which, but on one bike the rails on the Nixe are just too narrow and too wide for the other. What gives? How can this be?? Is this common??? And what to do???? I don't want to manipulate the rails too much for fear of busting them or having an awkward fit. I am just out of luck???????

THanks in advance. I read alot here, but first time posting.

This is a hard on to analyze without seeing the goods. That Nixe should fit any standard seatpost, so I am not sure what is going on with your seatposts. Maybe a picture of the bottom of the saddle next to the clamps of the seatposts would be helpful? You might also see if an experienced mechanic at a local shop can look at the stuff.

I had trouble with my Giant stock saddle too. I couldn't seem to get it off the seatpost. It was pretty weird and still haven't figured it out yet. Maybe take it to the shop and see if a different seatpost would work? Not sure exactly without seeing pics.