I have just purchased my first set of carbon aero wheels. I bought the 05 HED
Alps 700c. The longest presta stems I can find are 60mm. The wheels came with extenders for inflation. they are totally worthless. Very hard to inflate and impossible to check the pressure. If I get a flat on a trainig run Im in real trouble. Is there anything out there in 70mm or longer? Any ideas?
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Trouble with stems on aero wheels!
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 5 April 2005
- Last activity
- 5 April 2005
- Original author
- donstoner
- Posts
- 5
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,461
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
donstoner said:
I have just purchased my first set of carbon aero wheels. I bought the 05 HED
Alps 700c. The longest presta stems I can find are 60mm. The wheels came with extenders for inflation. they are totally worthless. Very hard to inflate and impossible to check the pressure. If I get a flat on a trainig run Im in real trouble. Is there anything out there in 70mm or longer? Any ideas?Try the following:
branfordbike.comtire8.htmlOpen ↗
scroll down to "Presta Valve Extenders"OR
chainreactioncycles.comModels.aspxOpen ↗
HTH
-
donstoner said:
-snip- The wheels came with extenders for inflation. they are totally worthless. Very hard to inflate and impossible to check the pressure.
Perhaps you know this, but just to make sure: The extenders should have come with tiny rubber o-rings that need to be placed on the valve before screwing on the extenders. Without the o-rings, you won't get an airtight seal, and the extenders won't work. The o-rings are really tiny, easy to lose, you might not have noticed them when opening the package...
-
Another option is putting a little of the white "pipe tape" on the tube threads before screwing on the extender. Just leave the valve open and extender on and you will be ok.
Carry an extra valve extender in your seat pack.
-
Jesus Malone said:
Another option is putting a little of the white "pipe tape" on the tube threads before screwing on the extender. Just leave the valve open and extender on and you will be ok.
Carry an extra valve extender in your seat pack.
It's "teflon tape" and Branford Bike recommends it when using extenders...
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.