Troubles with pacemaker and cordless headphones

Angelo Basteris

Guest
Good morning, I've an uncle who experienced problems with a pacemaker(his pulses increased from 60
to 90), due to the use of radiofrequency cordless headphones. He verified the pulses a few minutes
after the use of the headphones, in the evening, and then measured it this morning and they were
decreased to 70. I thought, and some university lecturer told me that the electromagnetic field
produced by cordless headphone was too weak to produce effects on pacemaker, and I'd like to know if
it's true. So, if someone knows something about that or had the same problem, I'm grateful to share
the experience! The pacemaker is made by Pacesetter, model Identity, and the headphones are Irradio
ARF-110(or something like that). Thanks, Angelo Basteris

"Angelo Basteris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Good morning, I've an uncle who experienced problems with a pacemaker(his pulses increased from 60
> to 90), due to the use of radiofrequency cordless headphones. He verified the pulses a few minutes
> after the use of the headphones, in the evening, and then measured it this morning and they were
> decreased to 70. I thought, and some university lecturer told me that the electromagnetic field
> produced by cordless headphone was too weak to produce effects on pacemaker, and I'd like to know
> if it's true. So, if someone knows something about that or had the same problem, I'm grateful to
> share the experience! The pacemaker is made by Pacesetter, model Identity, and the headphones are
> Irradio ARF-110(or something like that). Thanks, Angelo Basteris

I doubt that is true, particularly since I assume the headphones are a receiver rather than a
transmitter of RF signals - i.e. sorta like a portable radio. However, the following site has phone
numbers and email addresses you can use to contact the manufacturer with concerns:

http://www.sjm.com/devices/clinicianinformation.aspx?name=Identity%26%23174%3B+ADx+Pacemaker&locati-
on=us&type=2

or

http://tinyurl.com/37qvp