Troutbeck Bridleway

Status

Anonymous

Guest
Just planning a ride for later this summer.

Does anyone know what the bridleway going up from Troutbeck along the side of Park Fell and joining
the Kentmere Horseshow short of Thornthwaite crag is like? (Roman Road off High Street). I'm fine
when I'm on the top bridleway heading towards High Street but not sure if the lower section would be
ridable (i.e. not loads of steps). There seems to be a track going most of the way to the last wall
which just leaves 1km. Not a problem if it isn't ridable as it's only a short carry but would just
like to know.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Laycock wrote:
> Just planning a ride for later this summer.
>
> Does anyone know what the bridleway going up from Troutbeck along the side of Park Fell and
> joining the Kentmere Horseshow short of Thornthwaite crag is like? (Roman Road off High Street).
> I'm fine when I'm on the top bridleway heading towards High Street but not sure if the lower
> section would be ridable (i.e. not loads of steps). There seems to be a track going most of the
> way to the last wall which just leaves 1km. Not a problem if it isn't ridable as it's only a short
> carry but would just like to know.

If its the one I'm thinking of its rideable all the way along to just before the last wall, then its
a steep carry up to the ridge (and unless you are very good and brave, round Gavel Crags) and then
its rideable all the way along to High Street. Some pictures and details of when I did that route at
http://www.cycling.raven-family.com/index.htm

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.