Truck Bed Bar Bike Rack?

raceachevy

May 9, 2004
I have a 95 chevy silverado with a hard tonneau cover, and bed bars. I would like to know if anyone has modified, or found a Bike rack that would fit, in any way possible, on my truck without too much modification to the truck itself.

I have a GT ZR2000 road bike, if it makes any difference.

thanks,
james

Originally posted by raceachevy
I have a 95 chevy silverado with a hard tonneau cover, and bed bars. I would like to know if anyone has modified, or found a Bike rack that would fit, in any way possible, on my truck without too much modification to the truck itself.

I have a GT ZR2000 road bike, if it makes any difference.

thanks,
james

How about a trailer hitch mount rack?

It depends what you are looking for. On my nissan I had a simple solution. I cut a 2x4 to fit in the back of the bed. To secure it I used a timber topper its a spring loaded sleeve that fits over the top of the 2x4 they're used a lot in the photo industry to build temorary sets. I got a cheap fork mount at the local bike shop for about $20 bucks and was done. It acually locked which was nice and if I was felling insecure I cable locked the bike to my bed of the truck. I don't know what a silverado is, let alone a tonneau cover. Aren't there silverado pickups and silverado SUV's?

A silverado is a version of a full size chevy truck, and a tonneau cover is a hard cover that sits flat with the top of the bed.

Trailer hitch mount is not an option, but thanks for the suggestion

Here is a picture of the truck, so you can get a better idea of what i'm talking about.

James

i've bee trying to figure out a way to attach something to the bars.. but i don't know much about bike racks, and i'm not really sure how i would do it.

I highly recommend the yakima beddy joe for those without a cover over their truck beds. It removes and installs in 5 seconds and is very stable.

checkout mtbreview.com