Trucks & Mirrors

On Jun 7, 11:23 am, Roos Eisma <[email protected]> wrote:
> Item today in a Dutch newspaper about sttempts to reduce the blind angle
> that trucks have - even with additional mirrors on the truck- by placing a
> mirror on the traffic light post.
>
> http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/article433226.ece/Spiegels_in_ver...
>
> At this point (some years into the trial) no clear results yet.
>
> I will add some translation later but the images should work without that
> for the time being.

At first I thought it was a great idea. But as soon as the driver
starts to move beyond the mirror it is useless. Definitely worth
trying eg in London where left turning vehicles are a major cause of
death.

...d

"Roos Eisma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Item today in a Dutch newspaper about sttempts to reduce the blind angle
> that trucks have - even with additional mirrors on the truck- by placing a
> mirror on the traffic light post.
>
> http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland...in_verkeerslichten_leveren_nog_geen_effect_op
>
> At this point (some years into the trial) no clear results yet.
>
> I will add some translation later but the images should work without that
> for the time being.
>

> Roos

Not sure what sort of miriors would be needed to avoid this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6732003.stm

"Niall Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Roos Eisma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Item today in a Dutch newspaper about sttempts to reduce the blind angle
> > that trucks have - even with additional mirrors on the truck- by placing

> > mirror on the traffic light post.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland...in_verkeerslichten_leveren_nog_geen_effect_op

> > At this point (some years into the trial) no clear results yet.
> >
> > I will add some translation later but the images should work without

that
> > for the time being.
> >

> > Roos

> Not sure what sort of miriors would be needed to avoid this
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6732003.stm

Periscope sort of mirrors ?

--
Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat ... But the wind is mostly in your face

"Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> writes:

>"Niall Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> "Roos Eisma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > Item today in a Dutch newspaper about sttempts to reduce the blind angle
>> > that trucks have - even with additional mirrors on the truck- by placing

>> > mirror on the traffic light post.
>> >

>http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland...in_verkeerslichten_leveren_nog_geen_effect_op
>> >
>> > At this point (some years into the trial) no clear results yet.
>> >
>> > I will add some translation later but the images should work without

>that
>> > for the time being.
>> >

>> > Roos

>> Not sure what sort of miriors would be needed to avoid this
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6732003.stm
>>

>Periscope sort of mirrors ?

The image of the truck in the first article has something called a 'front
view mirror' which I assume covers that angle. But you can have all the
mirrors possible and still not look in them! Or fail to actually notice
what you're seeing.

Roos