True Confessions

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tom Blum, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Tom Blum

Tom Blum Guest

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and More money!!!"

Todays epistle concerns faster horses.

First: the confession: My cycleometer broke and I like it!!!

At the end of last year, I had raised my weekly mileage to near 100 per week. I rode a metric
    century on New Years Day, as fast as I could.

Since then, I found myself choosing the Tour Easy Clone for my daily rides. It's just so much easier
    to ride. I had to force myself to ride the High Racer Clone.

But, I was still very aware of my velocity. Push!! Push!! Push!! You know how it is.

Then, the speedometer broke during the last week. I was going to find the fault and fix it, but
    put it off.

. Because of this, todays ride was a pleasure, rather than a chore. I think I have
    overtraining syndrome.

I went back to my "constant force" method of riding. When I do this, I spin at target 90 rpm,
    concentrating of smooth circles and/or not pushing. (By the way, the cadence cyclometer still
    works) I shift when I drag down to 85 or when I spin up to 95. Sort of like an automatic
    transmission with an optical sensor.

I rode for three hours. Feel comfortably tired and enjoyed the ride.

Try it, you may like it.

Miles of Smiles, Tom

Tags:

2. "Tom Blum" skrev
    > I went back to my "constant force" method of riding. When I do this, I spin at target 90 rpm,
    > concentrating of smooth circles and/or not pushing. (By the way, the cadence cyclometer still
    > works) I shift when I drag down to 85 or when I spin up to 95. Sort of like an automatic
    > transmission with an optical sensor.

This is what I have been doing on the VK1 all last year due to a faulty harness. Its okay but I do
    miss the average and distance functions.

Mikael