True Confessions

T

Tom Blum

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and More money!!!"

Todays epistle concerns faster horses.

First: the confession: My cycleometer broke and I like it!!!

At the end of last year, I had raised my weekly mileage to near 100 per week. I rode a metric
century on New Years Day, as fast as I could.

Since then, I found myself choosing the Tour Easy Clone for my daily rides. It's just so much easier
to ride. I had to force myself to ride the High Racer Clone.

But, I was still very aware of my velocity. Push!! Push!! Push!! You know how it is.

Then, the speedometer broke during the last week. I was going to find the fault and fix it, but
put it off.

. Because of this, todays ride was a pleasure, rather than a chore. I think I have
overtraining syndrome.

I went back to my "constant force" method of riding. When I do this, I spin at target 90 rpm,
concentrating of smooth circles and/or not pushing. (By the way, the cadence cyclometer still
works) I shift when I drag down to 85 or when I spin up to 95. Sort of like an automatic
transmission with an optical sensor.

I rode for three hours. Feel comfortably tired and enjoyed the ride.

Try it, you may like it.

Miles of Smiles, Tom

"Tom Blum" skrev
> I went back to my "constant force" method of riding. When I do this, I spin at target 90 rpm,
> concentrating of smooth circles and/or not pushing. (By the way, the cadence cyclometer still
> works) I shift when I drag down to 85 or when I spin up to 95. Sort of like an automatic
> transmission with an optical sensor.

This is what I have been doing on the VK1 all last year due to a faulty harness. Its okay but I do
miss the average and distance functions.

Mikael