True road bike for a grand usd?

BikeBikeBikeBike

May 19, 2015
I'm not talking hybrid/city anything like that.
Is it possible to actually get into road cycling for under a thousand dollars?

I'm not talking hybrid/city anything like that.
Is it possible to actually get into road cycling for under a thousand dollars?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If none of these are to your liking, buy used. I paid 800 for a used road bike at a shop. The owner of the shop counted it as a "new purchase" to allow for warranty and other perks. 1000 is definitely feasible.

Reactions: kimonochi
Easy peasy.

Here's a couple of carbon fiber road bikes with some 105 mixed in with dollar saver components for just a bit over one large. For under a grand there's so many decent aluminum and steel road bikes out there I would wear my fingers out typing links to them.

$1100: http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_572599_-1___206252

NB-CR22-NCL-SIDE.jpg

$1100: http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_587492_-1___206252

YB-POT25-NCL-SIDE.jpg

Pedals, bottle cages, shipping etc. will add money of course.

Jeeze okay I didn't realize, you guys actually made it harder with all these choices!
Plus I also want a new dirtbike, I got about $1200 in fun money to blow this is going to be hard to figure out.
Thanks!

Jeeze okay I didn't realize, you guys actually made it harder with all these choices!
Plus I also want a new dirtbike, I got about $1200 in fun money to blow this is going to be hard to figure out.
Thanks!

I'm about the most picky and indecisive shopper on the planet. My best advice to you is try out a few in your budget and get the one that suits you best. Looking for the "very best" for the price is a wild goose chase and most the big brands have equally quality bikes at your price point. Bike fit and getting on a damn bike should be your number 1 priority;). You'll be so glad when you're pedaling instead of "looking".