True Story: Shaved Legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sm

Something to share with the group.

This occurred a number of years ago at the first xmas that I attended with my fiancé (now wife).

My wife's cousin turned to her mother and whispered in her ear... they both then both began staring
at my legs (freshly shaven as I had just taken my new xmas present for a ride that morning)... the
auntie then got up, walked over to my mother in law and whispered in her ear.... "ummmm.... we just
couldn't help but notice.... but your daughters fiancé shaves.... his legs!"

My mother in law said that she knew this and that I was a cyclist.

The auntie then gave a very confused look and followed up with "oh.... is he gay?"

My mother in law burst into laughter and proceeded to make a complete **** of them by pointing out
that it might be something they should point out to my soon to be wife!

I also got into a huge debate at the last family xmas thing when someone once again noticed my legs
and started asking if all cyclists were gay... when asked why he assumed this he said because we
shave our legs and ride around in tights... I then proceeded to point out to him that most, if not
all, of his beloved football team ran around in tights when they were training and that most of them
shaved parts of their bodies, to both assist in massage and also strapping.

Ahhhhh where would we be without the rednecks!

Very, very funny. Thanks SM.

I think the whole mental association with being "gay" is just due to a lack of enlightenment on most occasions. It is easy to just assume that it must be a "gay" thing when it challenges some peoples "knowledge" of the world around them. You make a good point about the pro football players too.

its good to see u can tolerate such ignorance. people like that annoy me. great story

Originally posted by Sm
I... I then proceeded to point out to him that most, if not
all, of his beloved football team ran around in tights when they were training and that most of them
shaved parts of their bodies, to both assist in massage and also strapping.
Ahhhhh where would we be without the rednecks!

Odd. Strange. The logics completely warped! A bloke who takes care of himself maybe seen as "gay".
Funny though, a gay friend of mine prefers bears.(ie: very hairy blokes).
Geez, wonder how your (now) in-laws deal with the whole trendy metrosexual thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.