Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

TruVativ Anyone ever use ?

Started by TechJD · · Last activity · 3 posts · 641 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 August 2004
Last activity
11 August 2004
Original author
TechJD
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
641
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a 79 Schwinn Continental
    I just bought a Sora Crank set for it
    was thinking of useing a TruVativ insert
    that will make the BB a standard 68mm
    then I just have to find the right BB like a Shimano UN52/3 or UN72/3
    not sure which yet?

    and one ever use this type in insert ?
    and if so was it any good ?
    or someone have another idea how to mount the Sora in the older frame?

    and please dont tell me to get a new frame cause I cant afford it 🙂
    besides I like this one and 66cm frames are few and far apart beside more expence from what I have seen

  2. TechJD said:

    I have a 79 Schwinn Continental
    I just bought a Sora Crank set for it
    was thinking of useing a TruVativ insert
    that will make the BB a standard 68mm
    then I just have to find the right BB like a Shimano UN52/3 or UN72/3
    not sure which yet?

    and one ever use this type in insert ?
    and if so was it any good ?
    or someone have another idea how to mount the Sora in the older frame?

    and please dont tell me to get a new frame cause I cant afford it 🙂
    besides I like this one and 66cm frames are few and far apart beside more expence from what I have seen

    I don't know nuttin' about bottom bracket inserts, but I use a Truvativ Stylo crankset, and I love it.

    Is this some sorta wierd conversion from an isis crank/BB (star pattern) to a square taper BB??

  3. coolworx said:

    I don't know nuttin' about bottom bracket inserts, but I use a Truvativ Stylo crankset, and I love it.

    Is this some sorta wierd conversion from an isis crank/BB (star pattern) to a square taper BB??


    no conversion from one peice crank to muilti-peice like the newer bikes have
    it wil of course then give me the option of being able to use different chainrings
    both currently have a 52/39 would like to try a 53/38 or maybe 53/37
    { Large Fellow and hills hard still and much speed down cant peddle fast enought to keep up LOL }

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.