Truvativ Cranks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Adam Bryce, May 7, 2003.

  1. Adam Bryce

    Adam Bryce Guest

    Has anyone had any problems with their TruVativ Cranks.

    I have a 5D crank that is broken and they wont honour the claim Adam

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Adam Bryce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone had any problems with their TruVativ Cranks.

    Yes. We just threw out a set the other day in favor of a set of Raceface's.

    > I have a 5D crank that is broken and they wont honour the claim

    Where is it broken? How did you break it? How old are they?

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. Adam Bryce

    Adam Bryce Guest

    i got it in November but because of work i didnt put much time into riding. i had only done
    approxamently fifty kms on the new crank when the thread in the right hand crank went. they wont
    honour the warranty because they say that the dont cover that part. it was obviously a manafacturing
    defect but the Australian distributer wont validate it. they have also had it for over 2 months.

    I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a better crank for my Giant.
    because they dont sell right arm cranks seperatly here in Australia i have to buy a complete crank.
    > "Adam Bryce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Has anyone had any problems with their TruVativ Cranks.
    >
    > Yes. We just threw out a set the other day in favor of a set of
    Raceface's.

    > > I have a 5D crank that is broken and they wont honour the claim
    >
    > Where is it broken? How did you break it? How old are they?
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  5. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Adam Bryce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > i got it in November but because of work i didnt put much time into
    riding.
    > i had only done approxamently fifty kms on the new crank when the thread
    in
    > the right hand crank went. they wont honour the warranty because they say that the dont cover that
    > part. it was obviously a manafacturing defect
    but
    > the Australian distributer wont validate it. they have also had it for
    over
    > 2 months.

    I would just continue to push them until they gave in. Speak directly to Truvative, bypass the
    distributor. Be nice about it.

    > I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a
    better
    > crank for my Giant. because they dont sell right arm cranks seperatly
    here
    > in Australia i have to buy a complete crank.

    Raceface.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  6. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Adam Bryce wrote:
    > > i got it in November but because of work i didnt put much time into
    riding.
    > > i had only done approxamently fifty kms on the new crank when the thread
    in
    > > the right hand crank went.
    >
    > The thread? The bit for the crank puller? That part doesn't just 'go'.

    I assume he means the pedal threads.

    Steve E.

  7. Adam Bryce wrote:

    > I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a better crank for my Giant.

    Race Face

  8. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Adam Bryce wrote:
    | >
    | > I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a
    better
    | > crank for my Giant.
    |
    | Race Face

    Race Face. Turbine LP. If you can still get your hands on them, Square Taper. Install them by the
    book and no worries.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/6/2003