Truvativ Cranks

Adam Bryce

Guest
Has anyone had any problems with their TruVativ Cranks.

I have a 5D crank that is broken and they wont honour the claim Adam

"Adam Bryce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1052293524.335485@proxy-syd...
> Has anyone had any problems with their TruVativ Cranks.

Yes. We just threw out a set the other day in favor of a set of Raceface's.

> I have a 5D crank that is broken and they wont honour the claim

Where is it broken? How did you break it? How old are they?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

i got it in November but because of work i didnt put much time into riding. i had only done
approxamently fifty kms on the new crank when the thread in the right hand crank went. they wont
honour the warranty because they say that the dont cover that part. it was obviously a manafacturing
defect but the Australian distributer wont validate it. they have also had it for over 2 months.

I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a better crank for my Giant.
because they dont sell right arm cranks seperatly here in Australia i have to buy a complete crank.

"Adam Bryce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1052315516.841354@proxy-syd...
> i got it in November but because of work i didnt put much time into
riding.
> i had only done approxamently fifty kms on the new crank when the thread
in
> the right hand crank went. they wont honour the warranty because they say that the dont cover that
> part. it was obviously a manafacturing defect
but
> the Australian distributer wont validate it. they have also had it for
over
> 2 months.

I would just continue to push them until they gave in. Speak directly to Truvative, bypass the
distributor. Be nice about it.

> I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a
better
> crank for my Giant. because they dont sell right arm cranks seperatly
here
> in Australia i have to buy a complete crank.

Raceface.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> Adam Bryce wrote:
> > i got it in November but because of work i didnt put much time into
riding.
> > i had only done approxamently fifty kms on the new crank when the thread
in
> > the right hand crank went.
>
> The thread? The bit for the crank puller? That part doesn't just 'go'.

I assume he means the pedal threads.

Steve E.

Adam Bryce wrote:

> I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a better crank for my Giant.

Race Face

| Adam Bryce wrote:
| >
| > I am movin to the states at the end of the month can anyone suggest a
better
| > crank for my Giant.
|
| Race Face

Race Face. Turbine LP. If you can still get your hands on them, Square Taper. Install them by the
book and no worries.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 5/6/2003