Try leaning this against the wall in the hallway

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    More Bike porn. :eek:

    [​IMG]

    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040902/lath040_1.html
    Shizzle Bikes, the Longest Production Bicycles in Industry, Fuels 'Cruiser Culture' in Hollywood and on 'MTV'
    "Ever since Aladdin Worldwide Inc. introduced Shizzle Bikes, the newest breed of stretch beach cruisers to hit So. Cal, cruiser culture has hit a frenzy amongst urban, beach and lowrider crowds. Billed as "the tightest self-powered two-wheeler you'll see on the streets" by URB Magazine, Shizzle Bikes are the longest production bikes in the industry at a whopping 7 feet, 5 inches in length."

    Tags:

  2. HUMBUG

    HUMBUG Guest

    On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:09:27 +1000, cfsmtb <[email protected]> Wrote :

    <snip>

    > Magazine, Shizzle Bikes are the longest production bikes in the
    > industry at a whopping 7 feet, 5 inches in length."

    I'm sure I've seen shorter tandems.

    Have a look at the wheels. Isn't that rather a lot of spokes ?? You'll
    need to get to the large preview at (I hope) http://tinyurl.com/67bsg

    --

    Humbug

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

  4. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    HaNg On, ArEn'T yOu SupPoSeD tO hAvE a ReAlLy SeRiOuS pRoBlEm WiTh CaPiTaLiSaTiOn WhEn YoU mEnTiOn LoWrIdErS?

    Regards,

    Suzy (who thinks they're ridiculous, frankly, and can't wait for the fad to finish)

  5. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Well, it's been around in here Melb for about 6-7 years. Personally I feel sooo sorry of all those poor sods riding around on low end P.O.S duallys. The purple & green colour scheme is quite fetching.

  6. HUMBUG

    HUMBUG Guest

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 02:48:14 GMT, hippy <[email protected]> Wrote :
    > "HUMBUG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Have a look at the wheels. Isn't that rather a lot of spokes ?? You'll
    >> need to get to the large preview at (I hope) http://tinyurl.com/67bsg

    > It's the style...
    > http://www.locolowriders.com/ (Melbourne)

    Aahhhh yes I see..... The Twist Lowrider is just a bit over the top but
    I _do_ like the uncluttered look of the Chopper.

    > http://www.locolowriders.com/catalog/images/bikes/38.jpg

    YIKES - how do you swing a spoke key. ...:-( screwdriver I s'pose. How about
    a nice pair laced up in say for example a 36 cross pattern...:) At this late
    stage I don't think I'll break with tradition, I'll stick with 36 spokes
    laced 4 cross on 700c rims as per the Old Grey Bike.

    --

    Humbug

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "suzyj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > HaNg On, ArEn'T yOu SupPoSeD tO hAvE a ReAlLy SeRiOuS pRoBlEm WiTh
    > CaPiTaLiSaTiOn WhEn YoU mEnTiOn LoWrIdErS?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Suzy (who thinks they're ridiculous, frankly, and can't wait for the
    > fad to finish)

    I'm all-for anything that gets yuppies out of their beemers,
    audi's, mercs, toorak tractors, etc.. if only for 30mins on
    a warm weekend.

    Having said that.. I MUST have one :)

    hippy

  8. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    will it be a fixie ?

  9. fred nieman

    fred nieman Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > More Bike porn. :eek:
    >
    > [image: http://www.shizzlebikes.com/images/bike_front_deluxe_new.jpg]
    >
    > 'http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040902/lath040_1.html' (http://)
    > SHIZZLE BIKES, THE LONGEST PRODUCTION BICYCLES IN INDUSTRY, FUELS
    > 'CRUISER CULTURE' IN HOLLYWOOD AND ON 'MTV'
    > "Ever since Aladdin Worldwide Inc. introduced Shizzle Bikes, the newest
    > breed of stretch beach cruisers to hit So. Cal, cruiser culture has hit
    > a frenzy amongst urban, beach and lowrider crowds. Billed as "the
    > tightest self-powered two-wheeler you'll see on the streets" by URB
    > Magazine, Shizzle Bikes are the longest production bikes in the
    > industry at a whopping 7 feet, 5 inches in length."

    Fo shizzle, cfsmtbizzle, ma nizzle!
    Ooops, umm, I mean, Fo shizzle, cfsmtbizzle, ma sizzle!
    Dat bikeezy porneezy sho nuffeezy make mezeey wish my ass jus rizzey
    bikeezy fo ev'reezzy. Wordizzle, sizzle, cfwmb-dizzle!

    <--- begin old fogey commuter cyclist voice --->
    Or something like that. I really can't keep up with all the
    "crack-a-lackin' " stuff that young folks these days use in their
    everyday speech. I mean, "Noop Snoggy Dog-izzle" - is that some kind of
    Labrador dog (or should that be "dawg") breed?
    [Sigh]
    Why can't we just ride our bicycles with reference to a decent British
    popular culture band like "Queen"?
    [Sighs again]
    I guess these days, it will be "Dawg, ma ass be ride-izzle ma
    bicycl-izzle", perhaps?

    Best regards,
    fredoldfogey
    <--- end old fogey commuter cyclist voice --->

    Ok, so this is very silly... fo shizzy!

    xxx

    pmd aka fred

  10. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    WTF are you on about pete? do we have a generation gap occuring? :eek:

  11. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "aeek" <[email protected]

    > hippy Wrote:
    > > "suzyj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > HaNg On, ArEn'T yOu SupPoSeD tO hAvE a ReAlLy SeRiOuS pRoBlEm WiTh
    > > > CaPiTaLiSaTiOn WhEn YoU mEnTiOn LoWrIdErS?

    > > Having said that.. I MUST have one :)
    > >

    > will it be a fixie ?

    I think the most appropriate setup would be with
    a coaster brake. Old Skool!

    Only problem would be getting up enough speed
    on one of those to lay down a monster skid! :)

    hippy

  12. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    [​IMG]

    Dunno about this one, and I've got several very silly bikes. At least they're rideable compared to this over chromed monster.

  13. fred nieman

    fred nieman Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > [image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]_m.jpg]
    >
    > Dunno about this one, and I've got several very silly bikes. At least
    > they're rideable compared to this over chromed monster.

    Fo shneezy, ma sneezy, cfsmtb-eezy! Dat over-chrome-izzle bike-izzle sho
    be.. oh, I give up...
    xxx p

  14. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Then flashing through the interference
    Beams a thousand tunes
    This is tomorrow calling
    What have I to lose?
    Trucking by the railway station
    I'm on the road again
    Steering clear of all temptation
    Unto the point of pain
    When steaming through on cue
    I hear that wailing whistle blow
    If this is tomorrow calling
    Oh what a way to go!

    Apologies to Bryan Ferry, and oh, fred, adjust your computers clock. cheers.

  15. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "fred_nieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >> cfsmtb wrote:

    [...]

    Apologies to Bryan Ferry, and oh, fred, adjust your computers clock.
    cheers.

    Hey, Fred! Fix your computer's clock!

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  16. fred_nieman

    fred_nieman Guest

    fred nieman wrote:

    > cfsmtb wrote:
    >
    >> [image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]_m.jpg]
    >> Dunno about this one, and I've got several very silly bikes. At least
    >> they're rideable compared to this over chromed monster.
    >>

    > Fo shneezy, ma sneezy, cfsmtb-eezy! Dat over-chrome-izzle bike-izzle sho
    > be.. oh, I give up...
    > xxx p

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

    Umm, I mean, "fo' aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg-izzle, cfsmtbizzle."
    Or something.
    Umm, I mean "or some-sheezy, cfsmtb-eezy."

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh... -izzle...

    ppp

  17. fred_kneeman

    fred_kneeman Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > WTF are you on about pete? do we have a generation gap occuring? :eek:

    Eeek, indeed.

  18. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Dunno about that, but have you read The Age recently? You little bro's been writing letters, think you should keep an eye on him.