try the link again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which pic it is, but if you enlarge it you'll see I have a Left and Right 4.5V Mongoose
Headlamps and the rear facing 18 red LED flasher in the middle and what space is free on the bar is
wrapped in 3M Yellow Reflective tape. The builder fudged the rollbar, it was supposed to be a square
tube to allow the lamps to bolt on. The bar is not structural, it was supposed to connect to a
suspension fork affair straddling both sides of the rear wheel and connected in the middle of the
rollbar...next version will have this rollbar. I did a model of it using ABS pipes, but we ran out
of time doing the prototypes.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I like the idea of the cross bar way above you head.
>
> Is it high enough to mount a light so that it shines in the eyes of an SUV driver talking on a
> cellphone?
>
>
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/psychochef50
> >
> > seems I had it listed for private viewing only without public
> access....doh
> >
>

WOW!

Simply the pinnacle of modern human engineering achievement. Especially compared to that Fast Freddy
guys bike... Since this is your vision of an ideal HPV, I now fully understand why you disliked his
bike so much... I mean, he doesn't even have a rollbar!

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/psychochef50
>
> seems I had it listed for private viewing only without public
access....doh

Ah you're just bitter cause no one bought your E-Motor powered EZ-1 yet LOL

I didn't say these 2 trikes are the pinnacle of anything, in fact I was a bit ticked off some of the
design features never made to the prototype (ran out of time and workshop space). Version 2 of each
will be much closer to pinnacle status (much better rollbar too). On design Gabe: 2 wheelers do not
need rollbars, Lightbars perhaps....especially if you have a fairing but a rollbar would be
impractical.

Oh Yeah, if you don't wear eye glasses (get some). Notice the slingseat trike has a Hub
Motor...not exactly a HPV unless HP stands for Horse Power, you should know that being someone who
lusts after an E-TEK.

Also note I am NOT doing trikes in the $3K class, I want a good product that someone who needs a
trike can afford and this means way below anything currently out there. I don't mind the idea of
someone spending $3K on something Fast Freddy has his hand in making....just these are NOT the
people I am designing my trikes for. IF someone can afford a WindCheetah or TerraTrike, then I'd
rather they bought the more costly trike. I am looking for people who seriously need a trike due to
physical and economic challenges. NOT people who can reason that they cannot live another day
without a $3K Calfee parked next to their $40K SUV.

As for WHY I didn't like Fast Freddy's bike? It has nothing to do with (My Vision) of what a
trike/bike should look like. IF the Calfee design is the pinnacle of what Fast Freddy is all
about...so be it, this will be his crowning achievement, his legacy after a lifetime of doing
whatever it is he does, just that IMHO someone who is supposed to be sooo involved in bent history
(should have come up with something way better than THAT). Kinda like Robert Stein, **** Ryan,
Mr.Horwitz, the crew at AVD or I.C.E. Engineering will be remembered for their designs for years
after they are dust and then we have the Calfee. It should have been lots better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> WOW!
>
> Simply the pinnacle of modern human engineering achievement. Especially compared to that Fast
> Freddy guys bike... Since this is your vision of an ideal HPV, I now fully understand why you
> disliked his bike so much... I mean, he doesn't even have a rollbar!
>
>
>
> > http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/psychochef50
> >
> > seems I had it listed for private viewing only without public
> access....doh
> >
>

Hook, line and sinker :)

BTW the EZ-1 is sold.

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Ah you're just bitter cause no one bought your E-Motor powered EZ-1 yet
LOL
>
> I didn't say these 2 trikes are the pinnacle of anything, in fact I was a bit ticked off some of
> the design features never made to the prototype
(ran
> out of time and workshop space). Version 2 of each will be much closer to pinnacle status (much
> better rollbar too). On design Gabe: 2 wheelers do
not
> need rollbars, Lightbars perhaps....especially if you have a fairing but a rollbar would be
> impractical.
>
>
> Oh Yeah, if you don't wear eye glasses (get some). Notice the slingseat trike has a Hub
> Motor...not exactly a HPV unless HP stands for Horse
Power,
> you should know that being someone who lusts after an E-TEK.
>
> Also note I am NOT doing trikes in the $3K class, I want a good product
that
> someone who needs a trike can afford and this means way below anything currently out there. I
> don't mind the idea of someone spending $3K on something Fast Freddy has his hand in
> making....just these are NOT the people I am designing my trikes for. IF someone can afford a
> WindCheetah
or
> TerraTrike, then I'd rather they bought the more costly trike. I am
looking
> for people who seriously need a trike due to physical and economic challenges. NOT people who can
> reason that they cannot live another day without a $3K Calfee parked next to their $40K SUV.
>
> As for WHY I didn't like Fast Freddy's bike? It has nothing to do with (My Vision) of what a
> trike/bike should look
like.
> IF the Calfee design is the pinnacle of what Fast Freddy is all about...so be it, this will be his
> crowning achievement, his legacy after a lifetime
of
> doing whatever it is he does, just that IMHO someone who is supposed to be sooo involved in bent
> history (should have come up with something way
better
> than THAT). Kinda like Robert Stein, **** Ryan, Mr.Horwitz, the crew at
AVD
> or I.C.E. Engineering will be remembered for their designs for years after they are dust and then
> we have the Calfee. It should have been lots
better.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> > WOW!
> >
> > Simply the pinnacle of modern human engineering achievement. Especially compared to that Fast
> > Freddy guys bike... Since this is your vision of
an
> > ideal HPV, I now fully understand why you disliked his bike so much... I mean, he doesn't even
> > have a rollbar!
> >
> >
> >
> > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/psychochef50
> > >
> > > seems I had it listed for private viewing only without public
> > access....doh
> > >
> > >
> >
>

and U suggested I was the one being Cynical!
--------------------
"bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hook, line and sinker :)
>
> BTW the EZ-1 is sold.
>
>
> > Ah you're just bitter cause no one bought your E-Motor powered EZ-1 yet
> LOL
> >
> > I didn't say these 2 trikes are the pinnacle of anything, in fact I was
a
> > bit ticked off some of the design features never made to the prototype
> (ran
> > out of time and workshop space). Version 2 of each will be much closer
to
> > pinnacle status (much better rollbar too). On design Gabe: 2 wheelers do
> not
> > need rollbars, Lightbars perhaps....especially if you have a fairing but
a
> > rollbar would be impractical.
> >
> >
> > Oh Yeah, if you don't wear eye glasses (get some). Notice the slingseat trike has a Hub
> > Motor...not exactly a HPV unless HP stands for Horse
> Power,
> > you should know that being someone who lusts after an E-TEK.
> >
> > Also note I am NOT doing trikes in the $3K class, I want a good product
> that
> > someone who needs a trike can afford and this means way below anything currently out there. I
> > don't mind the idea of someone spending $3K on something Fast Freddy has his hand in
> > making....just these are NOT the people I am designing my trikes for. IF someone can afford a
> > WindCheetah
> or
> > TerraTrike, then I'd rather they bought the more costly trike. I am
> looking
> > for people who seriously need a trike due to physical and economic challenges. NOT people who
> > can reason that they cannot live another day without a $3K Calfee parked next to their $40K SUV.
> >
> > As for WHY I didn't like Fast Freddy's bike? It has nothing to do with (My Vision) of what a
> > trike/bike should look
> like.
> > IF the Calfee design is the pinnacle of what Fast Freddy is all
about...so
> > be it, this will be his crowning achievement, his legacy after a
lifetime
> of
> > doing whatever it is he does, just that IMHO someone who is supposed to
be
> > sooo involved in bent history (should have come up with something way
> better
> > than THAT). Kinda like Robert Stein, **** Ryan, Mr.Horwitz, the crew at
> AVD
> > or I.C.E. Engineering will be remembered for their designs for years
after
> > they are dust and then we have the Calfee. It should have been lots
> better.
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
> > "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:eek:[email protected]...
> > > WOW!
> > >
> > > Simply the pinnacle of modern human engineering achievement.
Especially
> > > compared to that Fast Freddy guys bike... Since this is your vision of
> an
> > > ideal HPV, I now fully understand why you disliked his bike so much...
I
> > > mean, he doesn't even have a rollbar!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > > http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/psychochef50
> > > >
> > > > seems I had it listed for private viewing only without public
> > > access....doh
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

Joshua Goldberg wrote:
>
> ...IF the Calfee design is the pinnacle of what Fast Freddy is all about...so be it, this will be
> his crowning achievement, his legacy after a lifetime of doing whatever it is he does...

I believe that Fred Markham's day job at Easy Racers involves welding frames and building wheels.

Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Hey thats great that someone gave him a job and he can afford to pay me that $1K. Looking back I
should have really let loose on Fast Freddy and got him to raise the offer to...oh I don't
know...maybe $10K and toss in a GRR LOL
------------------
"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> Joshua Goldberg wrote:
> >
> > ...IF the Calfee design is the pinnacle of what Fast Freddy is all about...so be it, this will
> > be his crowning achievement, his legacy after a lifetime of doing whatever it is he does...
>
> I believe that Fred Markham's day job at Easy Racers involves welding frames and building wheels.
>
> Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

"Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I like the idea of the cross bar way above you head.
>
> Is it high enough to mount a light so that it shines in the eyes of an SUV driver talking on a
> cellphone?
>

So you're wanting to temporarily blind the driver of an SUV headed in your direction. That'll sure
serve 'em right!

skip

Joshua: The pics are up. Good for you. Of course now that they are I don't know enough about trikes
to comment other than to say I'm a southern boy and when we put roll bars, protective tubing, a
safety harnesses, and a motor on something it means we're gonna race it - NASCAR style. Down here
people will pay to see two ants racing for a crumb so there could be some good money in it if you
wanted to get involved.

skip

P.S. The motor would need to be loud and powerful. No electric stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.