Trying to anticipate everything. Trainer mishap.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kaputnik, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Kaputnik

    Kaputnik Guest

    I had a one hour ride this morning, inside, on the trainer, looking out my bay window as snow fell
    on the Connecticut countryside.

    I don't like listening to music with the constant drone of the mag resistance unit in the
    background. For the most part, my thoughts are enough to keep me occupied, but I have one of those
    reading stands that mount on the handlebars in case I get bored enough.

    Without my noticing it, my issue of Scientific American gradually started slipping while I was
    pedaling. Suddenly it fell off, and with uncanny accuracy struck a house plant on an end table,
    knocking it to the floor and spilling dirt all over the carpet.

    Jeez, I have to think of everything. ;(

    Tags:

  2. "Kaputnik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I had a one hour ride this morning, inside, on the trainer, looking out my bay window as snow fell
    > on the Connecticut countryside.
    >
    > I don't like listening to music with the constant drone of the mag resistance unit in the
    > background. For the most part, my thoughts are enough to keep me occupied, but I have one of those
    > reading stands that mount on the handlebars in case I get bored enough.
    >
    > Without my noticing it, my issue of Scientific American gradually started slipping while I was
    > pedaling. Suddenly it fell off, and with uncanny accuracy struck a house plant on an end table,
    > knocking it to the floor and spilling dirt all over the carpet.
    >
    > Jeez, I have to think of everything. ;(

    It was just your bike telling you that it realy wanted some dirt under the tires ;-)