Trying to get into cycling and would love some advice

Shadow22

Jul 11, 2011
Hello,

I just registered to the forum because i figured i could get a lot of good advice from more experienced riders here on the forum.

A little information about me:

I am a 22 year old male who stands about 5'11" and weighs 215 lbs.
I have always wanted to get into road bikes but have never gotten around to it.
I am interested in riding because i think it looks like a fun sport and plus it will hopefully help me shed some poundage =p

Now for the bad part...

I am overwhelmed by the price of entry level bikes so i have been looking around on craigslist in my area and I think I may have found a decent bike for a decent price but i thought i would check with some people "in the know" to get their opinion.

"2005 Giant OCR2 Road Bike, size "LARGE" (should fit from 5-10 to 6-3) with Shimano 105 Drivetrain, Tiagra Shifters, carbon seatpost and carbon fork. Newly installed FSA triple Crank (53/42/34) and rear cassette, new cables and housings, and chain. Wheel set (xero's) included, but not pedals or computer. Few normal wear and tear scratches on chainstays and top tube. Please email me directly for more information, pictures, or if you are interested.

Asking Price: $350"

Any information you guys could give me on this bike would be fantastic.

For € 350.00.....that's a steal. I mean even the for the spec. alone. I bought a Giant OCR4 with very little kit on it 2 years ago, when I started, and it was no where near the spec. that you have on that bike. To be honest it served me well, but I am now up-grading. The best thing to do, would obviously be to take a ride on the bike(if possible), and then decide for yourself.....it's all about the feel. But to say it again, I think you are getting alot of bike for the money, particularily for your first bike.

JBOGGS

Unfortunately there was a sale pending when i emailed the guy who owned the bike.
It has now been sold. =/

I have been checking craigslist within 50 miles of my location a few times a day and it it proving to be much more difficult than i thought to find a bike in good condition.