Trying to increase endurance, in hills

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by leadout37, May 8, 2004.

1. leadout37

leadout37 New Member

I am looking for advice or ways of increasing my endurance. I know the easiest way is to ride more, but are there any gym workouts with weights that will help my endurance. I usually begin cramping on the hills after about 45 miles. Thanks

Tags:

2. Clark six8

Clark six8 New Member

You might want to keep in mind that cramping is also correlated with your nutritional/supplement intake as well as hydration levels.

3. rylan

rylan New Member

I have started using vaam last year and noticed a pretty good change in my endurance levels. www.vaam-energy.com. it's a bit pricey, but when you think about it a bottle of gatorade is getting pretty expensive itself. ;)

4. pwforprez

pwforprez New Member

Ii have the same problem i ride through some hills for 30minutes to an hour each day and they still suck. I guess after time this will get easier.

5. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

My problem is after a couple of long hills my legs just lose their snap. It is all I can do to keep riding. Once my legs are gone it takes a loooong time to recover.

Doug

6. Charlie A

Charlie A New Member

I had/have a bulging disk in my back and went to the doctor last year for it after I had a spasm while out of the saddle climbing a hill. This guy prescribed exercises for the abdomen and back. Believe it or not, these exercises improved my cycling (especially the hills), eliminated most of my pain and helped me drop a few pounds which also helps with the hills.

I've been looking at this site lately http://cyclo-core.com/ and observe that their exercises are similar to the ones my back doctor has me doing. It seems that it's all about the core. This, along with logging alot of miles for the cardio part of it, will help improve your overall endurance.

Charlie