Trying to start back in triathlon's

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Triman, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. Triman

    Triman Guest

    For the past 21 years I have participated in triathlon's. I have been
    involved in races such as the Gulf Coast Triathlon for 11 years and The
    Emeral Coast Triathlon. In May of 2004 the textile mill I was working
    for, closed the doors. I then decided to open a new business somewhere
    near home. I felt that at the age of 55, I was too old to hunt for
    anything else. For the past year and a half, I've put all my attention
    toward the business. Since then, I have gained alot of weight and have
    slacked off on exercising. I have been biking and running some but have
    not had time to swim. I'm hoping to pick the business up that way I can
    start training hard again. Anyone got any ideas on how to train under
    extreme stress???
    Thanks,
    Alabama Tri-man
    P.S. Check out my web page
    at:http://www.tri-mansworldmailboxofficesupply.com/

    Tags:

  2. Mike C

    Mike C Guest

    Rick Niles wrote a book years ago about time-challenged training
    schedules; the name of the book escapes me just this second but if you
    Google his name you should be able to find it.

    Mike C

    Triman wrote:
    > For the past 21 years I have participated in triathlon's. I have been
    > involved in races such as the Gulf Coast Triathlon for 11 years and The
    > Emeral Coast Triathlon. In May of 2004 the textile mill I was working
    > for, closed the doors. I then decided to open a new business somewhere
    > near home. I felt that at the age of 55, I was too old to hunt for
    > anything else. For the past year and a half, I've put all my attention
    > toward the business. Since then, I have gained alot of weight and have
    > slacked off on exercising. I have been biking and running some but have
    > not had time to swim. I'm hoping to pick the business up that way I can
    > start training hard again. Anyone got any ideas on how to train under
    > extreme stress???
    > Thanks,
    > Alabama Tri-man
    > P.S. Check out my web page