TSS, TrainingManager, etc.

kmavm

May 16, 2005
After about five weeks of religiously using CyclingPeaks, I'm beginning to realize that TSS is an amazingly powerful tool. It's rapidly become the most important metric I look at when gauging acute load. I don't think too much about hours or miles anymore.

I don't have enough data yet to have assessed TSS's use for chronic training load; however, I suspect that limitations in CyclingPeaks will frustrate my intentions. I've seen oblique references here, and in the trainingcat TSS article, to "TrainingManager." From what I can gather, this is a TSS-based piece of software with a more season/goal-oriented interface than cyclingPeaks' emphasis on raw data. This sounds quite cool. Has anybody been playing with this yet? If so, are you sworn to secrecy, or can you discuss it somewhat? If I'm interested in acting as a beta tester, whom should I contact?

kmavm said:
After about five weeks of religiously using CyclingPeaks, I'm beginning to realize that TSS is an amazingly powerful tool. It's rapidly become the most important metric I look at when gauging acute load. I don't think too much about hours or miles anymore.

I don't have enough data yet to have assessed TSS's use for chronic training load; however, I suspect that limitations in CyclingPeaks will frustrate my intentions. I've seen oblique references here, and in the trainingcat TSS article, to "TrainingManager." From what I can gather, this is a TSS-based piece of software with a more season/goal-oriented interface than cyclingPeaks' emphasis on raw data. This sounds quite cool. Has anybody been playing with this yet? If so, are you sworn to secrecy, or can you discuss it somewhat? If I'm interested in acting as a beta tester, whom should I contact?

Shoot me an email: acoggan at earthlink dot net

acoggan said:
Shoot me an email: acoggan at earthlink dot net
Hey, if that's all it takes, I want to be a beta tester. :)
Or do we have to have cyclingpeaks already?