Tsunami bike (again)

Leozinho

Feb 21, 2005
Anyone know anything about Tsunami frames. A search turns up conflicting information.

Seems that chucksbikes.com sometimes sells them, so I figured they are Taiwanese, probably made in the same factory as other bikes. Maybe even the same frame with different stickers. But I've also read they are out so SoCal. A google search only turns up that they sponsered a triathlon here or there.

(My google-fu may be off today. I tried to filter out all the asian tsunami hits.)

The frame is aluminum with carbon seat stays.

Thanks.

Leozinho said:
Anyone know anything about Tsunami frames. A search turns up conflicting information.

Seems that chucksbikes.com sometimes sells them, so I figured they are Taiwanese, probably made in the same factory as other bikes. Maybe even the same frame with different stickers. But I've also read they are out so SoCal. A google search only turns up that they sponsered a triathlon here or there.

(My google-fu may be off today. I tried to filter out all the asian tsunami hits.)

The frame is aluminum with carbon seat stays.

Thanks.

I built a Tsunami tandem... It is great, no problems. It is stiffer than my parents Cannondale, has a prettier paint scheme (notice I did not say better quality), and came with a cyclocross carbon fork, all for about 500 bucks. By far the best deal around. I am pretty sure that the Tsunami name is Chucks own house brand. They are built in Taiwan I believe. Send Chuck an email and ask him. Your frame will not be a Pinerello, but for the money it will be a screaming deal.