Tsunami frames

onlineflyer

Jun 27, 2003
Does anyone have experience with Tsunami frames, especially cyclocross frame? Is Tsunami a good frame maker?

No idea, but can tell you that 'Chucks Bicycle Closeouts' in the US often have limited sizes of various Tsunami's REALLY cheap !

Actually, Tsunami is a very aesthetic pleasing bike. I built one up for a friend about a year ago. The paint job is very nice, clear coat very nice, graphics are awesome.....and people ask about the bike all the time. The frame was a bit heavier than the newer alu/carbon frames...but only slightly. I picked the frame up for $150 and put together a pro level bike for the lady for roughly $1500 by gaining parts here and there from contacts at different companies I have. I should have picked up another frame while I was at it. The frame I got for her has a sloping top tube...so remember that if you are trying to size one. Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this particular bike and I will answer what I can. W

wjbieb said:
I picked the frame up for $150 and put together a pro level bike for the lady for roughly $1500 by gaining parts here and there from contacts at different companies I have.
You are kidding yourself if you think a generic no name frame builds into a 'PRO' level bike.

Okay there Mr. Know's everything about all bikes......do you realize that all bikes start somewhere? Do you realize that a kid from Medford Oregon can build a pro level TT frame out of a good set of tubes, no paint, and have an olympic athlete ride his frame...and do well? Yeah...that is what I thought. How many national championships do you have? And while I am at it, yes, a no name can build a pro level bike. How many pro races do you have under your belt???? None perhaps? Hmmmm......remember the Italian olympic TTT bikes from many years ago? When America spent all the money on the elite 'project' bikes...and we still got our butts kicked? Yeah, that is what I thought. I will not be responding to any of your threads...since you think you are an elitist and have to have a name on your bike to ride it....I suppose you also think that Fetish cycles doesn't build an awesome bike? Ever ridden one? What about Leaderbikeusa.com? Ever ridden one of those? How many wins do you have on any bike???? Just remember that no matter what bike your elitist portrayed attitude has to ride to be on a pro level bike, that the no name bikes can still kick your ars. You remind me of a local bike 'club' that think their nightly 20 miler is the tour de france, and they sprint and raise their arms in a victory v...like they just won a medal.....all in all.......yeah........spend your $4K on a bike to ride on your group ride wuss......and remember that there are a LOT of no name bikes out their being ridden and tested by real riders...former pros.......and olympic caliber athletes....that will jump at the opportunity to kick your...well...ummm.......your hindside that is reading the back diaper section of our shorts! Enjoy your holidays.... :) Capt. America

Well just put the 5th bike in my stable... a Tsunami frame wrapped around dura-ace and profile design parts. better looking than the cannondales I own but admittedly about a pound heavier. The frame doesnt absorb the road like the cannondales. but it is in par with my fettish framed bike. Stiffness is a rider preference anyway. I like a softer tail but stiffer is quicker... thats why they make gel shorts... NotRyt (cat:3)

FYI -most of the Tsunami frames are the same manufacturer as Fuji

Chuck's bikes not only has them cheap, but Chucks bikes IS TSUNAMI. He specs the frames from leftovers and they are built overseas (depending on which frame it is). I have a Tsunami tandem and I have no complaints with it at all. It is a really great deal IMO as you get a lot for your money, but I agree with Boudroux, Pro level it aint. You pay peanuts and get a solid frame with some rough finishing. Again for the money, it is a good deal, but Pro level, that is just too high of an expectation for a $200-300 frame and fork.

I would buy another one if I was looking to build a cheap bike without hesitation.

wilmar13 said:
Chuck's bikes not only has them cheap, but Chucks bikes IS TSUNAMI. He specs the frames from leftovers and they are built overseas (depending on which frame it is). I have a Tsunami tandem and I have no complaints with it at all. It is a really great deal IMO as you get a lot for your money, but I agree with Boudroux, Pro level it aint. You pay peanuts and get a solid frame with some rough finishing. Again for the money, it is a good deal, but Pro level, that is just too high of an expectation for a $200-300 frame and fork.

I would buy another one if I was looking to build a cheap bike without hesitation.

you need to look at some of the Giant frames... some of them are pretty rough too.. still being ridden at events... my cannondales are one of the smoothest final finishes ive seen on any frame. only a monocoque frame is truly finished properly.. being 1 piece.