TT Tests results

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by legs gone, Feb 26, 2004.

1. legs gone

legs gone New Member

Hi , can anyone share info on my 10m TT test and how to improve from this. I did a 10m TT my time was 28min.with an agv HR of 186 my max is 200 age 36, cadence agv at 89rpm.At present i do 180m-200m, 10-12 hrs a week of tempo rides at 150-160bpm.Any comments?

Tags:

2. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

difficult to know what the environmental and topgraphical conditions you face are like, e.g., is the circuit hilly, are the roads poorly surfaced, was the event in bad winds, etc.?

Without knowing this, and/or what sort of power you're producing it's difficult to interpret the test.

however, to improve, rather than just riding at a fairly fixed intensity (the HR zone you seem to be training at falls into the range i'd describe as zone 1 and 2 -- which is just endurance work) you need to ride at varying intensities (e.g. intervals, etc.), which should be conducted at (various levels) below and above TT intensity.

Exact prescription would fall outside the remit of this forum, but various suggestions are available on this board (probably if you do a search on lactate threhold, TTing, hill climbs, etc).

If you need further coaching advice please do not hesitate to contact me, [email protected]

ric