Tub tape

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jim, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Any recommendations whether it be what to use or what not to use ?

    Thanks, Jim.

    Tags:

  2. John B

    John B Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > Any recommendations whether it be what to use or what not to use ?

    I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in a
    complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places around
    the wheel.

    John B

  3. Allan Nelson

    Allan Nelson Guest

    "John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in a
    > complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places around
    > the wheel.

    I agree. The problem I found with tape was that if (when!) I punctured and had to change tubs, the
    tape would ALWAYS be stuck to the tub, and so I'd be putting a replacement tub onto the rim with
    very little 'stick' - never carried spare tub tape with me :-( With rim cement, the rim stayed nice
    and tacky - as did the tub.

    Allan. ~~~ http://www.a-nelson.dircon.co.uk/ Italian cycling tours and the home of Cycling
    before Lycra

  4. Jim