Tub tape

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jim, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim

Jim Guest

Any recommendations whether it be what to use or what not to use ?

Thanks, Jim.

Tags:

2. John B

John B Guest

Jim wrote:

> Any recommendations whether it be what to use or what not to use ?
    >

I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in a
    complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places around
    the wheel.

John B

3. Allan Nelson

Allan Nelson Guest

"John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in a
    > complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places around
    > the wheel.

I agree. The problem I found with tape was that if (when!) I punctured and had to change tubs, the
    tape would ALWAYS be stuck to the tub, and so I'd be putting a replacement tub onto the rim with
    very little 'stick' - never carried spare tub tape with me :-( With rim cement, the rim stayed nice
    and tacky - as did the tub.

Allan. ~~~ http://www.a-nelson.dircon.co.uk/ Italian cycling tours and the home of Cycling
    before Lycra

4. Jim

Jim Guest

Sounds like glue's the way to go.

Thanks chaps, Jim.

"Allan Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in
    > > a complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places
    > > around the wheel.
    >
    > I agree. The problem I found with tape was that if (when!) I punctured
    and
    > had to change tubs, the tape would ALWAYS be stuck to the tub, and so I'd
    be
    > putting a replacement tub onto the rim with very little 'stick' - never carried spare tub tape
    > with me :-( With rim cement, the rim stayed nice and tacky - as did the tub.
    >
    > Allan. ~~~ http://www.a-nelson.dircon.co.uk/ Italian cycling tours and the home of Cycling
    > before Lycra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.