Tub tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim

Any recommendations whether it be what to use or what not to use ?

Thanks, Jim.

Jim wrote:

> Any recommendations whether it be what to use or what not to use ?
>

I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in a
complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places around
the wheel.

John B

"John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in a
> complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places around
> the wheel.

I agree. The problem I found with tape was that if (when!) I punctured and had to change tubs, the
tape would ALWAYS be stuck to the tub, and so I'd be putting a replacement tub onto the rim with
very little 'stick' - never carried spare tub tape with me :-( With rim cement, the rim stayed nice
and tacky - as did the tub.

Allan. ~~~ http://www.a-nelson.dircon.co.uk/ Italian cycling tours and the home of Cycling
before Lycra

Sounds like glue's the way to go.

Thanks chaps, Jim.

"Allan Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I always preferred using rim cement. Taking a tub off with tape often ended up with the tape in
> > a complete gooey tangle if the tape chose to remain attached to rim or tub in various places
> > around the wheel.
>
> I agree. The problem I found with tape was that if (when!) I punctured
and
> had to change tubs, the tape would ALWAYS be stuck to the tub, and so I'd
be
> putting a replacement tub onto the rim with very little 'stick' - never carried spare tub tape
> with me :-( With rim cement, the rim stayed nice and tacky - as did the tub.
>
> Allan. ~~~ http://www.a-nelson.dircon.co.uk/ Italian cycling tours and the home of Cycling
> before Lycra

Status
Not open for further replies.