Tube Exploded

climber_80

Jul 12, 2009
Hi guys,

I went for a Spin today. The weather was cool around 15C so really nice for cycling. Anyways on my way home about 7k from home my tube just exploded. I never had that happen to me. i ride like 25'000Km a year and cannot find a reason. The max Tire pressure is 8.25 bar about 125psi. I inflated it to about 110psi like i always do, so way off maximum. I also checked for glass or other objects but couldnt find anything. Anybody have an idea?

Regards,
Andre

PS: i just noticed i postet it in the wrong category, can a mod please move it. Thanks

any damage to the sidewall? Blowouts are often caused by structural damage to the tire itself.

It's almost surely because the bead on the clincher tire was not properly hooked on the hook on the inside of the rim when you installed the tire (or last inflated it from pretty low pressure). When the bead finally slipped all the way off the hook while you were riding, the clincher opened up off the rim (perhaps only briefly) and the tube, which had been under high pressure, suddenly blew through the gap that opened up.