Tube wins the race in London ......

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Elyob, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    http://www.thetube.com/content/pressreleases/0212/20.asp

    The Tube triumphed today by beating six other modes of transport in the annual Tube Dash race from
    Canary Wharf Station to Westminster Station. In a record-breaking 15 minutes and 13 seconds the Tube
    beat off stiff competition from a bike, bus, motorcycle, river bus, taxi, and one person on foot.

    <snip

    Tags:

  2. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:28:51 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.thetube.com/content/pressreleases/0212/20.asp
    >
    >The Tube triumphed today by beating six other modes of transport in the annual Tube Dash race from
    >Canary Wharf Station to Westminster Station.

    Doesn't seem a very fair race to me. From one tube station direct to another? If they can't win that
    dash (and it seems that in previous years they couldn't) then they should be ashamed.

    Bob