Tube

Shawnhild43

Jul 8, 2015
Okay guys I am trying to buy a tube for my bad tire the tube is 20x1.95x2.125 and the tire is 20x1.95 does the tube have to smaller Than the tire or what I am confused

I think the marking on your old tube is 20x1.95-2.125. This tube will work for any tire whose diameter (thickness) is in the range 1.95-2.125 inches. Any 20" tube that covers this range will work fine. F'rinstance, the tubes we sell are for 20x1.50-2.125. Evidently, they have a little more stretch. They will work.

Speaking of tube, pardon me for my asking. Are tubeless tires not advisable for you, guys? I have my own bike with a tubeless tire, that was a long time ago and I don't even remember why I got back to tires witn inner tube. When I asked my brother about it, he said that inner tubes can serve as rubber band when it is not servicing you anymore. Of course, he was joking. But come to think of it, the tubeless bike tire has been with us a long time ago and we're still using tubes. Is it because of the vulcanizing?

Corzhens said:
Speaking of tube, pardon me for my asking. Are tubeless tires not advisable for you, guys? I have my own bike with a tubeless tire, that was a long time ago and I don't even remember why I got back to tires witn inner tube. When I asked my brother about it, he said that inner tubes can serve as rubber band when it is not servicing you anymore. Of course, he was joking. But come to think of it, the tubeless bike tire has been with us a long time ago and we're still using tubes. Is it because of the vulcanizing?
"Is it because of the vulcanizing?"

What are you thinking? How would that be part of the decision process?

Tubeless for MTB isn't that hot. Tubeless-ready tires have thicker sidewalls are heavy and tend to have more rolling resistance. Meaning you do reduce the risk of flats a little, but for the same effort, the bike gets slower.
If you get a non-tubeless tire and manage to set it up tubeless, it's nice.
It'll roll well and have some flat protection.
But it's a gamble. Some rims make it difficult. Some tires make it difficult. Even in the same model, some samples will work and some won't. And the sealant needs to be topped up regularly.

Haven't tried road tubeless yet.

Or are you talking about non-pneumatic, solid AKA airless AKA airfree tires?