Tubeless tires

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by MT, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. MT

    MT Guest

    I recently came into some tubeless MTB tires, but don't have tubeless rims.
    Can the tires be used with a tube on my conventional clincher rims?
    (They're Hutchinson Python Lights 26x2.0 and are marked "UST", "Nagesti",
    and "VST"
    on a "compatibility" sticker on the sidewall)

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:57:56 GMT, "MT" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I recently came into some tubeless MTB tires, but don't have tubeless rims.
    >Can the tires be used with a tube on my conventional clincher rims?

    Yes. I'm doing that with some myself for the same reason.

    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  3. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    MT wrote:
    > I recently came into some tubeless MTB tires, but don't have tubeless
    > rims. Can the tires be used with a tube on my conventional clincher
    > rims? (They're Hutchinson Python Lights 26x2.0 and are marked "UST",
    > "Nagesti", and "VST"
    > on a "compatibility" sticker on the sidewall)

    Yes. Might be a bit heavy, but will work fine.

    (You can also try the Stan's No Tubes system to use Tubless {sic -- correct
    Usenet term} tires on your conventional rims. Or "regular" tires, too, for
    that matter.)

    Bill S.