TUBELESS

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Yagi, Jan 24, 2003.

  1. Yagi

    Yagi Guest

    I'm considering to buy MAVIC'S tubeless wheels. I'VE heard two merits of TUBELESS. Less likely to
    punk. Bound like suspention. These are true? Please give me some advise.

    Tags:

  2. Tbgibb

    Tbgibb Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (yagi) writes:

    >I'm considering to buy MAVIC'S tubeless wheels. I'VE heard two merits of TUBELESS. Less likely to
    >punk. Bound like suspention. These are true? Please give me some advise.

    What does "punk" mean in this context?

    Tom Gibb <[email protected]

  3. John Albergo

    John Albergo Guest

    TBGibb wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (yagi) writes:
    >
    >>I'm considering to buy MAVIC'S tubeless wheels. I'VE heard two merits of TUBELESS. Less likely to
    >>punk. Bound like suspention. These are true? Please give me some advise.
    >>

    >What does "punk" mean in this context?
    >
    >Tom Gibb <[email protected]>

    Ture, that's easy for you to say...

  4. "TBGibb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (yagi) writes:
    >
    > >I'm considering to buy MAVIC'S tubeless wheels. I'VE heard two merits of TUBELESS. Less likely to
    > >punk. Bound like suspention. These are true? Please give me some advise.
    >
    > What does "punk" mean in this context?

    Less likely to get punctures of course! Does anyone have experience with this (i.e ride in a
    puncture-prone area)?

  5. Tom Compton

    Tom Compton Guest

    According to data on mishaps at www.AnalyticCycling.com, tubulars go an average of about 300 miles
    between mishaps and clinchers last about 500 miles. This database is publically available at the
    following URL:

    http://www.analyticcycling.com/TiresDataAnalysis_Page.html

    (To duplicate the above numbers, select tubulars or clichers and then select all causes of mishaps
    except wornout.}

    Your mileage may vary.

    Tom Compton www.AnalyticCycling.com